XSEED Games ~ 2018 3rd Party Lineup Announcement
XSEED Games, the independent-minded publishing brand of Marvelous USA, announced that they will be publishing an exciting array of third-party titles this year as part of their commitment to diversifying their lineup and thrilling their fans.
Check out the announcement trailer of XSEED Games’ third party lineup for this year, featuring some gameplay footage of the games in their lineup:
Following their previous announcement of four Marvelous games, these additional offerings include returning titles coming to new platforms and brand new genres alike, including the very first VR release for the publisher. Currently slated for release in 2018, XSEED Games will be bringing Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient to Windows PC, Gal Metal to Nintendo Switch, Gungrave VR to PlayStation VR for PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, and Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity to Steam.
“Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient – Windows PC
The nightmare has returned five years after the events of Corpse Party: Blood Drive with an average junior high school student, Ayame Itou, suddenly finding her life turned upside down in the most unsettling way possible. Upon waking from a coma strapped to an operating table in a ransacked and seemingly abandoned hospital called “Amare Patriarcha Crucis,” Ayame realizes she’s locked in without any means of escape and with virtually no memories of her past. She is, however, not quite as alone as she first thought. Others occupy the mysterious hospital, but whether they are friend or foe remains to be discovered. Remains to be discovered…
Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient takes players on a dark and mysterious journey with Ayame and any other friendly faces she can find. Through the deserted halls of Amare Patriarcha Crucis, the party will solve inventory-based puzzles, collect medical charts of deceased patients, and avoid terrifying zombie-like pursuers in order to find much-needed answers, as well as—hopefully—a way out. Titled Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient NEUES in Japan, Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient is the definitive version of Dead Patient with updated graphics and additional scenarios. Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient exists as a standalone story within the Corpse Party series, allowing players to jump in regardless of their experience with past titles.
Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient will be published for Windows PC by XSEED Games digitally in Fall 2018.
- Brand New Setting, Same Creepy Atmosphere – This time it’s not an otherworldly elementary school, but a quarantined hospital full of bloodthirsty zombies, supernatural monsters, and scornful shades.
- Unique Cast with Some Familiar Names – Features an all new set of dramatis personae, yet still rewards series fans by tying back into the Heavenly Host arc with a few familiar names.
- More Interactive Environment than Ever Before – Items can be equipped and used directly on the environment to solve puzzles, or held and used in protagonist Ayame’s hands for a variety of purposes. Ayame can also hide in cabinets to evade foes.
- Original Indie Team’s Return to PC – The same team responsible for the 2008 Windows PC edition of Corpse Party is back! Features top-down 3D graphics with dynamic lighting, 360° control, emotional Japanese voice-acting, and one of series composer Mao Hamamoto’s moodiest soundtracks to date.
Gal Metal – Nintendo Switch
Planet Earth is on the brink of invasion after humanity ruined the peace and quiet of the universe with the broadcast of metal music on the Voyager probe’s Golden Record. Aliens picked up the signal and couldn’t stop headbanging, and now they’re dying off because of it, so they want revenge! A few rogue extraterrestrials make their way to the source of the music and abduct two high school students from the Tokyo suburb of Kichijoji: an unnamed boy, and a drummer named Rinko from an outrageous girls-only metal club. The aliens needed an emissary with whom to discuss the terms of their revenge, and felt either of these two would serve nicely; however, being unable to choose between them, the aliens simply decided to merge their souls into a single being! Now, working together, the all-in-one pair must team up with the other members of K.M.G. (the Kichijoji Metal Girls) and rid the planet of these eight-tentacled extraterrestrials using the power of metal. It’s time to rock these music-hating creeps all the way back to whatever planet they came from!
Gal Metal is a rhythm game designed for Nintendo Switch that turns each Joy-Con into a drum stick. Players will take hold of the Joy-Cons to rock along with the music as they create their own complex performances and rack up millions of points using personal free-form drum lines based on over a dozen different beats. With Nintendo Switch Pro Controller support on offer as well, players will be able to choose how they want to jam and earn metal power to use against the alien invaders in this uniquely adlib-friendly rhythm experience.
Gal Metal will be published for Nintendo Switch by XSEED Games physically and digitally in Fall 2018.
- Jam Any Way You’d Like – A new spin on traditional music gameplay, Gal Metal lets the player create their own drumlines based on over a dozen beats. Practice the beats after school and wrack up unique combos to blow the invading aliens away in live performances!
- Unique Storytelling – Divided into episodes ending in climactic concerts, the lighthearted story unfolds in text messages and animated manga panels that are read right-to-left for an authentically Japanese experience.
- Be an After-School Specialist – Between performances to take out the pesky aliens, there’s ordinary school life as well. Improve skills and friendships by doing part-time jobs, hanging out with friends, and jamming in the club room.
- Show Your True Mettle/Metal – Simple-to-learn gameplay allows players who master the beats to create complex performances. How much metal power can you score?
Gungrave VR – PS VR
Following the battle against the Orgmen—creatures transformed by the mysterious drug, SEED—Mika Asagi has tracked the manufacturing of the narcotic (along with a whole new Orgman infestation) to South City. With the city streets overrun by these newly formed creatures, Mika requests the assistance of Beyond the Grave (Grave, for short), waking him from 14 years of rest after his previous battle. She hopes for him to use his power to help rid the city streets of the Orgman threat and stop the flow of SEED once and for all.
In Gungrave VR, players take control of Grave with his iconic set of dual guns, Cerberus, and will have to master different playstyles to take down the various foes that stand in his way. Levels consist either of free-moving third-person gameplay or first-person action that includes both stationary and mobile sections, offering players a variety of modes to help put them in the shoes of the resurrected Millennion agent himself. With an array of shooting attacks, close-range strikes using Grave’s coffin, Bullet Time, and more, Gungrave VR brings an authentic Gungrave experience to virtual reality for the very first time.
Gungrave VR will be published for PlayStation VR on PlayStation 4 system by XSEED Games digitally and at retail in Fall 2018.
- Multiple Perspectives to Master – Fight through intense levels that are set to either free-moving third-person mode or first-person mode (both stationary and mobile). Each perspective offers new challenges.
- A Legendary Pedigree – Gungrave VR showcases the return of character designer Yasuhiro Nightow (Trigun), with the original Gungrave designers at Red Entertainment as advisers. Grave and Mika’s designs have been given a thorough upgrade after 14 long years!
- Broad Language Support – Fully-voiced in English and Japanese with text support for English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese.
- Kick Their Ass! – Play on any of three difficulty levels: Normal, Hard, and Kick-Ass. Are you hardcore enough to take down the Orgmen in Kick-Ass mode?
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity – Steam
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity begins with the so-called “Scarlet Devil” Remilia Scarlet, who, at 500 years old, is desperately searching for something new to end the monotony of immortality. After stumbling upon a newspaper article about a powerful and mysterious monster terrorizing the countryside, she rushes out to see if this could finally be the excitement for which she yearns. Unfortunately, not only is she unsuccessful in her search for the monster, but she returns to find her manor in ruins. It would seem the monster has come to her! With a renewed sense of determination (and a much-needed respite from her boredom), she vows to take revenge on this fiend and make it pay!
Originally debuting in North America on PS4™, Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity comes to PC where even more players can experience this doujin adventure in the ever-evolving Touhou Project universe. Players will be able to fully explore and discover the world of Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity over a variety of levels as they fight their way through hordes of enemies and intense boss encounters. Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity trades in the series’ top-down “bullet hell” roots for an action RPG approach, drawing inspiration from series such as Ys while still retaining a distinctly indie feel. This PC release proudly boasts support for 4k resolutions and introduces a new “Bullet Hell” mode created to offer further challenge for Touhou Project veterans or give newcomers a true taste of the franchise’s roots.
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity will be published by XSEED Games digitally on the Steam platform in Summer 2018.
- Acclaimed Indie Title Flies to PC, Better than Ever – The indie-made title that gained a following for its high-speed action and impressive art direction returns to PC with 4k compatibility and a new “Bullet Hell” mode to challenge veterans and newbies alike.
- Two Characters for Twice the Adventure – Choose to play as the titular vampire, Remilia Scarlet, or her devoted maid, Sakuya Izayoi. Each offers a different way to play with unique mechanics.
- Familiar Friends and Fearsome Foes – Fans of the Touhou series will find themselves right at home, as the game is packed with fan-favorite characters and intense boss battles that fill the screen with projectiles in a manner worthy of the renowned Touhou ‘king of bullet hell’ pedigree.
- Action and RPG in Equal Measure – Contains all the combat, platforming, and boss fights of an action game, alongside experience and equipment systems that allow players to level up and unlock special skills and magic to customize their experience.”