War for the Overworld’s First Expansion “Heart of Gold” Released
War for the Overworld’s first expansion, Heart of Gold, is out now for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The Emperor is gone and the Empire rudderless, the balance of power easily swayed to any Underlord that is not 600 feet under. Players now assume the role of the gold-hungry Underlord Kasita, and with the mentorship of the despicable Mendechaus (voiced by Richard Ridings), will sate their thirst for wealth and power in the golden dukedom of Phaestus.
Watch the release trailer of War for the Overworld’s First Expansion “Heart of Gold”:
The word in the Underworld is that Kasita’s heart is a giant gemstone, hewn from the dirt by her prospecting workers. They say molten gold flows through her cavernous, subterranean arteries, and that soon her temper shall erupt in an all-consuming gold rush of greed! Miserly miners beware, because that day has come.
Heart of Gold features:
- An expanded story told across 4 brand new, fully voice acted Campaign levels, this time played from the perspective of Underlord Kasita. The levels are more open-ended than in the original game, directly addressing feedback from our most loyal Underlords.
- New enemies to wage war against including the wizard Mandalf the Maroon, and the entire family of the Duke of Phaestus.
- An additional 4 Aspects to master: Sentinel (defence), Gild (spell), Aureate Monolith (construct), and a new golden Titan – the Colossus.
- Three new Dungeon Themes, including a theme for Kasita featuring Dungeon Core, tiles and walls, Worker skin, and Hand of Evil.
- New terrain such as lava chasms and lava falls, which bring the volcanic land of Phaestus to life.
The expansion constitutes the Early Adopter Bonus for those that purchased War for the Overworld on or before May 2nd, 2015 (which includes Kickstarter backers, Early Access customers, and owners of the physical Underlord Edition). These players can download Heart of Gold from Steam for free right now.
Heart of Gold releases alongside the free patch 1.4, Gold Rush, which is the fortieth patch to the base game since it launched a year ago. Features in patch 1.4:
- Contextual tutorial system
- Revamped Titan system
- Improved combat
- New unit voices, VFX, animations and behaviours
- Significant performance improvements
- New UI features and options such as area of effect indicators on spells and defences
- Improvements to the original campaign
- New localisation into French and German
War for the Overworld is a highly-praised Dungeon Management Game developed by Brightrock Games (formerly Subterranean Games), which was released on Steam for Windows, Mac and Linux on April 2nd, 2015.
For more information on War for the Overworld, visit it’s official website.