Thea: The Awakening is Available Now on PS4 and Xbox One
It was announced by indie studio MuHa Games, the console release of its successful strategy roguelike game, Thea: The Awakening. All PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players can now step into a dark fantasy world of Slavic mythology and lead a group of mankind’s last survivors.
Check out the gameplay trailer of Thea: The Awakening, showcasing the games’ features:
“Thea: The Awakening combines strategy and tactics with the tension and grit of a roguelike survival, a captivating story uncovered through in-game events, and a unique combat system based on a complex card battle game. In the game, the player takes the role of a Slavic god caring for a group of survivors, helps them rebuild their village, explore the dark fantasy world, and battle evil creatures lurking on every corner.
Console versions feature procedurally generated single-player campaign full of non-linear events and challenges making each playthrough a completely new adventure. Turn-based strategy gameplay, advanced character and resource management, crafting, and card battles are mixed into a truly unique experience never before seen on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game was ported from PC to consoles by Tactile Fusion studio which also designed completely new controls for gamepads and created a new and enjoyable way of playing Thea.
Key game features include:
- A dark fantasy setting with hexagonal, turn-based strategy gameplay.
- Huge procedural world to explore – each playthrough is a new adventure.
- Over 270 non-linear story events that can grant riches or deprive of all your goods.
- Over 4400 items that can be crafted in your village or gathered in the game’s world.
- Character management with gear and experience gained in battles, collecting resources, diplomacy, healing, black magic and dozens of other abilities.
- Village management – building structures and discovering new technologies.
- Unique card battles resolving combat, diplomacy, curses and more.
- Over 100 types of deadly creatures inspired by the Slavic Mythology.
- Day & night cycle influencing your gameplay style.
- Multiple endings with rewards and unlocks carrying to the next playthrough.
Thea: The Awakening was originally released on PC and now is available digitally on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.”
For more information on Thea: The Awakening, visit its developers’ website.