Supermassive Games’ next big title is heading out next month and leading up to launch the developer is still puling out surprises. Two new multiplayer modes have been announced for the presumed single-player title which seem to invite both online and offline partnership for the experience.
The first mode is called ‘Shared Story Mode’ which is essentially the online co-op experience. In this mode two players will take on different roles in the story and uncover new details, explore different scenes and make difficult choices which can determine the outcome of the narrative.
The other multiplayer mode is the offline mode called “Movie Night Mode” which takes up to five players locally and has each player controlling a different aspect of the experience. From character movement and important decisions, each action from each player can alter the experience. Upon completing the game in this mode, each player will then receive a rank based on their actions and be rewarded accordingly.
Shared Story Mode (Online)
- Share the story simultaneously with a friend in two-player online co-op.
- Both players explore the world, make choices and perform actions that affect the outcome of the story and the fate of their respective characters.
- Traverse scenes through a different perspective from the single-player experience—sometimes together, sometimes apart—in totally separate scenes revealing new information, locations and scares.
Movie Night Mode (Offline)
- Play locally in a group of up to five players with one controller, with each player taking charge of the movement, decisions and choices of one of the five main characters.
- Players can choose between saving themselves, or trying to keep their friends’ characters alive.
- At the end of each playthrough, actions and impacts will be judged – with achievements & rewards for each player.
Man of Medan is the first entry in the announced Dark Pictures Anthology and is set to release on August 30, 2019 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.