During this week’s Nintendo Direct showcase, Nintendo revealed something that subscribers have been anticipating for quite some time: the addition of Super Nintendo titles as apart of the Switch Online library. Joining alongside the NES line-up of titles, there are, for now, 20 SNES titles available to play as long as you’re a subscriber to the Switch’s Online service.
Just like the NES game library, the SNES selection of games will all feature online functionality, such as multiplayer online and voice chat features. There’s also the ability to rewind games and suspend points in the game.
You can check out the entire list of available SNES games for the Switch Online library below:
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario Kart
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Super Metroid
- Stunt Race FX (Available for the first time since its original Super NES release!)
- Kirby’s Dream Land 3
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
- Star Fox
- Kirby’s Dream Course
- BRAWL BROTHERS
- Breath of Fire
- Demon’s Crest
- Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
- SUPER E.D.F. EARTH DEFENSE FORCE
- Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
- Super Puyo Puyo 2 (Available for the first time in the U.S.!)
- Super Soccer (Available for the first time since its original Super NES release!)
- Super Tennis (Available for the first time since its original Super NES release!)
Of course, the SNES library will continue to grow in the future similar to the original NES library has over the last year. Nintendo also revealed that the wireless SNES controller will also be available as a special offer to those Switch Online subscribers.
The SNES games are now available for the Switch Online service which has yet to increase in price since the new additions in the library. Since it’s been almost one full year since the inception of the Switch Online service, it’ll be interesting to see how the service grows this time next year – hopefully with yet another console generation addition joining the line-up, i.e. N64, Gamecube, etc.