Publisher Warner Bros. Games and developer Rocksteady Studios recently released the first “Suicide Squad Insider” video for the upcoming action adventure game Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. The video highlights the game’s story, traversal mechanics, gameplay mechanics and more. Additionally, the publisher notes all the features of the Standard and Deluxe Editions. This includes deluxe and pre-order outfits, seasonal updates, battle pass tiers, 72 hour early access and more. Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will launch on February 2, 2024 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store.
The full details via the publisher:
Standard Edition ($69.99)
- Main game features Rocksteady’s world-class narrative storytelling and open-world mayhem, along with a captivating action–shooter experience
- Post-launch seasonal updates and earnable characters to expand the story with new missions, items, and more, available at no additional cost
- Access to all free seasonal battle pass tiers (as each becomes available)
- Four Classic Outlets, one for each Squad member (pre-order bonus/available at launch)
- Four Rogue Outfits, one for each Squad member (PlayStation 5 digital pre-order bonus only)
Deluxe Edition ($99.99)
- All standard edition content and pre-order bonuses
- Four Justice League Outfits, one for each Squad member
- Three Black Mask themed notorious weapons (pistol, sniper rifle, and heavy weapon)
- Four Squad Golds themed weapon dolls, one for each Squad member
- One premium battle pass token
- Four No Shade Outfit color swatches, one variant for each Squad member (digital versions only)
- Up to 72-hour early access to the game, prior to the main launch on February 2 (pre-order bonus)
The game’s details:
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is a new genre-bending action-adventure shooter that can be played solo or with up to four players in online co-op. Based on iconic DC characters and developed by Rocksteady Studios, creators of the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham series, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League combines the studio’s signature character-driven story gameplay with third-person shooter action to deliver a gaming experience unlike any other. The game will be available worldwide in 2022 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and PC.
Featuring an original narrative set in the DC universe, the game takes place in a richly detailed open-world Metropolis. The story follows Suicide Squad members Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, and King Shark who must take on an impossible mission to save Earth and kill the world’s greatest DC Super Heroes, The Justice League. Restrained with lethal explosives implanted in their heads, all four DC Super-Villains have no choice but to band together and carry out this untenable assignment as part of Amanda Waller’s infamous Task Force X. Fans can tailor their experience, whether playing on their own as a single player, switching between characters at will, or teaming up with friends in multiplayer co-op.
The playable characters featured are Harley Quinn (a.k.a. Dr. Harleen Quinzel), the mistress of mayhem; Deadshot (a.k.a. Floyd Lawton), the most dangerous marksman alive; Captain Boomerang (a.k.a. Digger Harkness), Aussie assassin extraordinaire; and King Shark (a.k.a. Nanaue), the demigod humanoid shark and rightful ruler of the seas. Each squad member has their own unique moveset with enhanced traversal abilities to freely explore the dynamic open-world of Metropolis, along with a variety of weapons to customize and skills to master.