Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Adds Cody on June 26
Capcom revealed today, that Cody will be joining the roster of their popular fighting game, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on June 26th. They also released a new gameplay trailer that features a live-action segment and the upcoming fighter.
Check out the gameplay trailer of Cody in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, featuring some gameplay footage:
“About the game
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is a brand-new disc that includes all base content from the original Street Fighter V release, Arcade Mode and a code for Character Pass 1 and 2 content, which includes 12 playable characters and 12 premium costumes. An internet connection is required to download new features (such as Team Battle, Extra Battle and balance updates) and to redeem the Character Pass content.
The legendary fighting franchise returns with Street Fighter V! Powered by Unreal Engine 4 technology, stunning visuals depict the next generation of World Warriors in unprecedented detail, while exciting and accessible battle mechanics deliver endless fighting fun that both beginners and veterans can enjoy. Challenge friends online, or compete for fame and glory on the Capcom Pro Tour.
Street Fighter V is available exclusively for the “PlayStation 4” and PC. Through a strategic partnership between Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and Capcom, the next generation Street Fighter experience offers cross-platform play that unites fans into a centralized player base for the first time ever.
- New UI: The general UI has seen various visual changes. The main menu now sports a yellow and gold palette as opposed to black and blue. The character select screen has been revamped to accommodate for extra fighters. The background of the select screen has been changed from a globe to a gold arena. The UI while in fights has also gotten gold plating and the Critical Art and V-Trigger meters have been changed and text has black borders.
- Second V-Triggers: All playable characters have now second V-Triggers, refered as “V-Trigger II”, that can be selectable on the character select screen.
- Bonus Stage: A bonus stage is available. The player is tasked with breaking twenty barrels as they plummet into the center of the screen from conveyer belts above. The player will also have “help” from a computer-controlled character who will keep the barrels in the center using his own move set. Final Fight enemy character Two Pappears as a CPU opponent.
- Arcade Mode: The standard arcade mode that is seen in other Street Fighter games. In this installment, there are six modes that can be played in that represent each major game of the franchise: Street Fighter, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter IV, and Street Fighter V. Each one contains returning fighters sectioned into the games that they first appeared in. There are over 200 arcade endings featuring illustrations from various artists (players can head into the Gallery to find out the unlock condition for each ending). The endings range from simply completing a path to getting a “Perfect” on the bonus stage.
- Extra Battle Mode: Time exclusive challenges that allow players to fight powered up versions of existing characters who rewards special titles, Golden/Silver Shadaloo Soldiers, who rewards Fight Money and EXP respectively and playable characters dressed in Capcom Costumes, which can be unlocked by obtaining all 4 pieces of that character’s costume.
- Gallery: A library of artworks, music and opening movies.
- Team Battle Mode: A returning mode from Ultra Street Fighter IV. A heavily customize-able mode where numerous characters in two teams are queued up in various fights and each fighter are eliminated in a queue until one team’s fighters are all eliminated. Once a fighter is eliminated from one side, the next fighter in that team line-up fights the character that eliminated the first fighter.”