The story trailer for the upcoming action-adventure RPG, The Surge 2, from publisher Focus Home Interactive and developer Deck13 has been unveiled and shows off plenty of excitement for the game.
You can check out the new trailer below:
You may also view the full overview of the story and trailer below along with a few details on the key features via the game’s Steam page:
In The Surge 2 on September 24 life on earth as we know it is coming to an end. Deck13’s latest hardcore action RPG entry begins after the deFrag nanovirus strikes following the launch of a Utopia rocket. In Jericho City, one lone warrior—you—must fight through hell, high water, and amnesia to discover the truth about the virus, the city, and much more. Experience the start of this story in the new trailer, released today.
Here, we meet our hero, and many of the inhabitants of Jericho City. Nano-cultists run rampant through the streets, harvesting everything they can from the environment for their mysterious ends. The government forces of A.I.D attempt to maintain a stranglehold on the city with violent means. All the while, Athena, a girl with whom you have a special connection, leads you through the streets to a destination unknown.
This mystery accompanies gameplay that refines and enhances the Surge formula, bringing new weapons, new gadgets, enhanced ranged combat, additional implants, and much more. Dismemberment and limb-targeting still form the backbone of how you fight, loot, and choose your loadout, but with more options than ever before.
- Overcome – On the way to Jericho City, your plane is shot down by a mysterious storm and crash-lands in the outskirts. You wake up weeks later in a derelict detention facility inside the city. Armor-clad soldiers enforce Martial Law, robots are on a rampage, and a dark, expanding nanostorm looms over the cityscape…
- Survive – In a bid to survive, explore the sprawling, devastated city of Jericho. Fight its numerous, ferocious threats in brutal, unforgiving combat, slashing and tearing the limbs off your opponents to steal valuable equipment that will make you stronger – strong enough to face the most fearsome, imposing foes lurking in the city.
- Upgrade – With an expanded arsenal of weapons, armors, abilities, implants, and drones to build your character, and a bigger, more varied and more ambitious world, The Surge 2 challenges you to survive and unravel its hidden secrets.
- Hardcore, brutal melee combat
- Face deadly foes and colossal bosses
- Cut off parts of the enemy you want to loot
- Rich character progression and customization
The Surge 2 is due out on the PS4, Xbox One and PC on September 24, 2019.