Starborne Will Begin its Seventh Alpha Test on October 18
It was announced by Solid Clouds, that Starborne, a new take on the strategy genre, combining 4X empire building with the real time, multiplayer component of an MMORTS, will begin its Seventh Alpha Test on October 18th. In Starborne, players take on the role of space commander to compete against thousands of other players over control of the map, forging alliances, waging wars and expanding their space station into a galactic empire along the way.
Check out the alpha trailer of Starborne, featuring some Alpha gameplay footage:
“Solid Clouds, who has been working on Starborne for a little over three years now, regularly conducts tests to gather feedback directly from the players.
“We are very excited to show the community what we have been working on since the last test,” says Stefán Gunnarsson, founder of Solid Clouds. “With the addition of strategic points, the endgame will become even more dynamic.”
New features in Alpha 7:
- Larger map which can support up to 2492 concurrent players.
- Scouts can now sabotage enemy structures to temporarily disable them.
- Points of Interest which display recent activity directly on the map.
- 240 Strategic Points, which alliances must capture to increase their score.
- Alliance leaders can now assign custom colors to other factions.
- NPCs defend themselves better and drop cards when defeated.
- 15 new cards which enable the exchange of resources and assist with events.
- Wide ranging optimization tweaks which make the game less resource intensive.
The three month alpha test will begin on October 18, and players can download the game on its official website shortly before the server goes live.
About Solid Clouds
Solid Clouds is an independent game development company based in Seltjarnarnes, Iceland. Since its inception in 2014, the team has welcomed a number of industry veterans to the team, such as Ásgeir Ásgeirsson, EVE Online’s former Art Director, and Hrafnkell Óskarsson, who spearheaded the design and lore of EVE Online.
The Free to Play debut title of the company is set to enter Open Beta in Q2 2018.”
For more information on Starborne, visit its official website.