Spellstone is Available Now on Steam
It was announced today by Kongregate, a leading publisher of mobile and web games and a wholly-owned subsidiary of GameStop Corporation, a calling on PC gamers to unravel the mystery of the Void in Spellstone, now available for the first time on Steam. Players will be drawn to Spellstone’s rich lore, its breadth of striking cards and the game’s steady dose of action. Developer Synapse Games also added new features for PC audiences including synchronous PvP and cross-platform play across web, mobile and PC through Kongregate’s new unified developer SDK.
Check out the trailer of Spellstone, featuring some gameplay footage:
“We’re excited to give even more players a chance to experience Synapse’s Spellstone,” said Emily Greer, co-founder and CEO of Kongregate. “We worked closely with the developer to implement enhancements specifically for the PC audience, who expect things like high-res graphics and multiplayer features, while also appealing to our audience’s desire to play their favorite games on multiple platforms. CCG fans and new players alike will have a blast assembling their decks and waging battles with players all over the world, whether they’re playing at home or on the go.”
“Spellstone is a fantasy card game that transports players to a forgotten island, rich with treasures and the promise of wealth. As adventurers, players explore the lands capturing Spellstones – ancient and powerful creatures – and unleashing them on competing adventurers through exciting card battles. Players will find out if they have what it takes to rise to the top of the Bounty Hunter charts!
Following are some of the features PC gamers can experience in Spellstone:
- Three factions of heroes and creatures to battle and control – Powerful Wyld, Nimble Aether and Fiery Chaos
- Over a hundred different creatures to collect, upgrade and fuse
- Master powerful card skills to win an edge over your opponents
- Play against a challenging AI in single player mode or challenge thousands of players all over the world in player-vs-player Arena battles
- 96 levels and 8 levels of mastery with endless player rewards for each
- Hundreds of hand-drawn character cards that evolve as they become more powerful
- New live battles with players around the world in the synchronous PvP Arena
- Cross-platform play so players can easily pick up their progress from web, mobile, and now Steam.
- New Steam specific features including Steam Achievements & Trading Cards
Spellstone is currently available on Steam as a free download and has been rated “E10+” by the ESRB.”
For more information on Spellstone, visit its Steam page.