Space Hulk: Tactics Launches October 9th
It was announced today by Cyanide Studio, that Space Hulk: Tactics – the faithful adaptation of the board game Space Hulk, set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe – will be released on October 9th, 2018 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. They revealed a new gameplay trailer to celebrate this announcement, in which mankind battles against aliens in a desperate, turn-based battle.
Check out the gameplay trailer of space Hulk: Tactics, featuring some gameplay footage:
About the game
On the side of humanity stand the Space Marine Terminators, genetically modified super soldiers clad in heavy armour and equipped with extraordinary firepower that turns them into effective walking tanks. Opposing them are the Genestealers, insidious inhabitants of the floating amalgamations of smashed-together starships called space hulks, hiding inside every pipe and duct, prepared to rend anything that comes close to pieces with glistening claws.
An innovative new card system gives players greater control over their forces, while two non-linear, narrative-driven campaigns tell a new, terrifying story in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. A full customization system is available across four Space Marine chapters and four Genestealer Hive Fleets, letting you design your force down to the last shoulder plate or weapon hilt. A robust mission editor, inspired by the clip-together nature of building scenarios in the board game, means you can design, share, and play your own maps quickly and easily.
Space Hulk: Tactics comes to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 9. Pre-order Space Hulk: Tactics today on Steam and get special bonuses, including a 10% discount, beta access, and unique colour and emblem for each chapter and other variants.
Test your skills against other players in the expansive online competitive multiplayer. Command a swarm of Genestealers or a custom squad of different unit types from one of four Space Marine Chapters – the Blood Angels, the Space Wolves, the Ultramarines, and the Dark Angels. The game includes an intuitive map creation tool to design your own original maps with custom objectives, and you can share them with other players directly from in-game!
- A faithful adaptation of the Warhammer 40,000 board game Space Hulk, with a fresh twist on the classic rules
- Engage in bloody tactical battles aboard a gigantic Space Hulk
- Play through two campaigns from the point of view of the Blood Angels, and for the first time in a Space Hulk game, the deadly Genestealers!
- Customize your units of Dark Angels, Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, and even Genestealers with hundreds of cosmetic items, cards, and equipment.
- Challenge players online, playing either Genestealers or one of four Space Marine Chapters
- Create and share your own missions with an intuitive in-game map creation tool