Screeps, the MMO RTS for Programmers Announced for Steam
Check out the trailer of Screeps, featuring the core mechanics and gameplay of the game:
“Screeps is developed for people with programming skills. Unlike some other RTS games, units in Screeps can react to events without the player’s participation – provided that he has programmed them properly. And, unlike other MMO, one do not has to play Screeps constantly to play well. It is quite enough just to check once in a while to see if everything goes well.
Your colony can harvest resources, build units, conquer territory, trade with another colonies. As you conquer more territory, your influence in the game world grows, as well as your abilities to expand your footprint. However, it requires a lot of effort on your part, since multiple players may aim at the same territory.
- The game has raised totally $20,794 in two Indiegogo campaigns.
- The game world was publicly launched on August 20, 2015, while the Steam version launches today, June 20, 2016.
- All players coexist in the same real-time persistent world.
- Units, base, mining resources, territory control, economy, manufacturing, transporting, logistics, trading – all the attributes of a real strategy game which you need to program.
- Open source game server engine.
- An option to create your own local world and play with friends.
The MMO part of the game is subscription-based with a flat monthly fee. The Steam version includes lifetime MMO access with CPU limit.”
For more information on Screeps, visit its Steam page.