Developer WayForward announced that River City Girls 2 will launch on December 15 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. The game first launched on December 1 in Japan. River City Girls 2 “gives players even more of what they loved about the original: more characters, up to four player co-op, enhanced movesets, new enemies to fight, and a bigger world to explore and brawl through.”
River City Girls 2 details via WayForward can be seen below:
Featuring six playable characters, online gameplay, a deep combat system, character-specific voiceovers, a massive nonlinear game world, and RPG-like character growth.
Picking up directly after 2019’s River City Girls, River City Girls 2 gives players even more of what they loved about the original: more characters, up to four player co-op, enhanced movesets, new enemies to fight, and a bigger world to explore and brawl through. Newcomers Marian (from the Double Dragon series) and Provie (from River City Ransom: Underground) join the returning playable cast of Misako, Kyoko, Kunio, and Riki as they set forth on a sprawling adventure that takes them from one end of town to the other while battling the Sanwakai criminal syndicate that’s thrown River City into chaos.
Other knuckle-busting features include new weapons, interactive environments filled with destructible objects, loads of side quests, more than 40 shops overflowing with items and accessories, and powerful hired heavies that will assist players in battle. Complementing the action are dynamic motion-comic cutscenes, thousands of lines of spoken dialogue from top-notch vocal talent—including Kayli Mills as Misako, Kira Buckland as Kyoko, Greg Chun as Kunio, Kaiji Tang as Riki, DeeZumaki as Provie, and Erika Harlacher as Marian—once again directed by Cristina “Vee” Valenzuela, and an epic, jam-packed soundtrack from critically acclaimed River City Girls series composer Megan McDuffee. The OST is currently available for digital download here.
- Six playable characters, each with their own fighting styles and upgradable move sets!
- Enhanced combat: guard crushes, lift-off combos, and more!
- River City is bigger than ever! New locations with multiple routes and secret areas!
- Play solo or team up with a friend, locally or online
- New hired henchmen aid players in battle! Hold two recruits at once!
- Loads of NPCs to meet, interact with, and punch in the face – including surprise cameos!
- Awesome anime intro, comic book cutscenes, English and Japanese voiceovers, and a spectacular soundtrack featuring River Ciy Girls 1 composer Megan McDuffee!