Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Launches July 3rd
THQ Nordic confirmed today that Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered will launch on PC, PlayStation 4 and across the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X on July 3rd, 2018. If you own a powerful PC, a PlayStation 4 Pro or an Xbox One X, you can finally enjoy this classic game’s incredible destruction in glorious 4K resolution.
Check out the launch trailer of Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition, featuring some gameplay footage:
“Players who already own the 2009 version of Red Faction: Guerrilla on Steam will automatically receive the Re-Mars-tered edition for free in their accounts. From July 3rd, these players can simply download Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered from their Steam library and start swinging their sledgehammers.
One more random fun fact about Mars (in real-life): Did you know that the planet Mars is named after the roman God of War? The ancient Greeks, however, called it ‘Ares’, after their God of War. We cannot help but wonder if future generations of gamers will eventually rename it ‘Kratos’…
About Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered
Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Red Faction: Guerrilla still defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
- Fully reworked graphics – Heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding for example specular maps.
- Improved shadow rendering
- Improved Lighting
- Shader & Postprocessing rework
- Native 4k support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever
- Native 4k support on PC
Xbox One Performance
- Xbox One: 900p @ 60 FPS
- Xbox One X: 1800p @ 60 FPS or 4K @ 30 FPS
PlayStation 4 Performance
- PlayStation 4: 1080p @ 60 FPS
- PlayStation 4 Pro: 1500p @60 FPS or 4K @ 30 FPS”