Former Rare Developers Announce Raging Justice
It was announced today by Team17 and MakinGames, that Raging Justice will be coming to PC and consoles. If you were playing arcade games in the Nineties, or even wish you had been then Raging Justice is the beat-‘em-up revival you’ve been waiting for!
Check out the announcement trailer of Raging Justice, featuring some gameplay footage:
“Introducing Raging Justice
For fans of the genre, Raging Justice is a classic style brawler brought back to life with HD graphics and surround sound. Battle your way through hordes of thugs, unleashing maximum brutality with Rick Justice and Nikki Rage’s savage fighting styles as you choose whether to arrest or annihilate your foes. Whether you play as good cop or bad cop has consequences and will result in a different ending to the game.
About Raging Justice
The city is in chaos! With crime and corruption around every corner, it’s all down to a team of hard-hitting justice seeking mavericks, to clean up the streets with some tough justice! Raging Justice is a classic beat ‘em up, dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Created by ex-Rare developer, MakinGames!
- Arrest Warrants – Certain perps in Raging Justice need to be taken in rather than taken down! Slap the cuffs on them using the game’s unique Arrest mechanic and you’ll be rewarded with extra health! Beat them up instead and you’ll be labelled with the shame of “bad cop!”
- Nostalgic Art Style – Raging Justice has a distinctive art style reminiscent of classic coin-op favourites of the Nineties, brought to life with high definition 3D renders.
- Vehicles – Mow down your foes on four wheels by jumping aboard lawnmowers and tractors. Vehicles will make you untouchable but if their health hits zero be prepared for an explosive exit!
- Weapons – Gear up with a variety of weapons. Smash your way through a bar fight with a stool, hit a home run with a baseball bat or ruffle your foes’ feathers with a deadly pigeon!
- Leaderboards – Fight for the top spot on the global leaderboards. As the tension rises so can your score, use precision, timing and a tactical mind to secure your place among the best!
- Co-op multiplayer – Don’t battle through the streets alone, enlist a friend to help you in some multiplayer madness.
Raging Justice is developed by a small team of ex-Rare staff at MakinGames, comprising programmer Nic Makin & artist Jay Howse (Kameo: Elements of Power) as well as composer Steve Burke (Yooka-Laylee, Viva Piñata) and is heading to Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2018!”
For more information on Raging Justice, visit its official website.