A Quiver of Crows is Available Now
It was announced by Sheado.net, that their twin-stick shot ’em up A quiver of Crows is available now via Steam on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is priced at $14.99 / 14,99€ / ¥1,480 and there is a 1 week launch discount of 10%. The game is localized to English, Spanish, Russian, French, Japanese, Korean, and Portuguese.
Check out the gameplay trailer of A Quiver of Crows, featuring the games’ story and gameplay:
“A Quiver of Crows is a very difficult twin-stick shmup that features unique physics and organic environments. The most unique aspect of the game is the enemies ragdolling upon death, their bodies becoming obstacles that can pile up and block the player’s bullets. The result is chaos when hoards of enemies are attacking from all sides. The main characters are crows and the enemies are demons, skeletons, and ghouls all silhouetted against vibrant backdrops which are inspired by the different times of the day – from the bright colors of the morning to the dark colors of night. The game is a twin-stick action game with many influences from traditional on-rails shmups. Namely, it features a weapon upgrade system that includes 4 weapons each upgradable to 4 levels. Three special attacks and shield pickups are also available. All in all, players can expect a modern take on the traditional shmup.
Frantic Battles in a Grim World
- Unlike most shmups, this world is made up of flesh, bones, and dirt instead of the common rigid objects such as ships set in space.
- Each enemy type has a unique set of behaviors.
- Most foes do not follow preset patterns. Instead, they try to hunt you down.
- Some enemies fly in close for melee combat. Others will shoot from a far away range.
Co-op Twin-Stick Action
- The game blends the insanity of shmups with the free range of motion of twin-stick shooters.
- Find a friend. Find a couch. Have tons of fun with the optional single-screen couch co-op!
Upgradeable Weapons, Bombs, and Shields
- Collect and enhance a variety of weapons. Influenced by traditional shmups, watch as your weapons’ firing trajectory and pattern change with each upgrade.
- From heat seeking quills to things that go BOOM, collect them all and use them to crush your foes!
- Upgrade your shields to withstand relentless attacks.
Play on Windows, Mac, & Linux
- Best played with a twin-stick controller. Steer with the left stick, aim with the right.
- Never fear! You can also use your keyboard and mouse.
$14.99 / 14,99€ / ¥1,480
1 week 10% launch discount starting October 19th.”
For more information on A Quiver of Crows, visit its Steam page.