Pool Nation VR Available Now on Steam!
Pool Nation VR, the ultimate billiards experience infused with virtual reality, has officially launched today on Steam for the HTC Vive.
Developers Cherry Pop Games and Perilous Orbit have fused the original Pool Nation style and physics with the HTC Vive technology, the state-of-the-art virtual reality system, utilizing its full video, audio, and precise motion tracking to deliver a truly realistic, interactive 3D pool hall.
Check out the Launch trailer of this unique Virtual Reality experience in Pool Nation VR:
Built exclusively for the HTC Vive, Pool Nation VR lets players enter a lifelike billiard room to play variants of traditional pool against both AI bots and online humans (with built in voice chat to talk smack!). Start a game, teleport around the pool table, line up your shot and go! Need a break between games? Walk around your virtual game space then pick up and throw darts, smash beer bottles and then lounge around a virtual pool hall chatting up the virtual bartender.
Pool Nation VR Gameplay Features
- Play Real Pool – Delight your senses with an immersive and accurate representation of the sport using motion control and real pool physics (be careful not to lean on the table, it’s not really there)
- No Consequences – Enjoy the pleasure of throwing a bottle at your opponent or breaking one against the wall. We won’t make you clean-up in VR.
- Customize Your Game – Choose from several variations of pool with popular rule sets, or just hang out and hit some balls in free play
- Online and Offline Opponents – Play against the AI or with your friends globally online
- Kill Some Time – Play VR darts while waiting for your turn at the table, change the music or just explore the bar
- Go Crazy – Grab, stack, and smash objects in the world. Create a tower of bottles, stack ’em high and launch a pool ball at your creation
- Enjoy a Polished VR Experience – Years of VR / AR know-how help provide a fun and comfortable VR space to hang out in with your mates from the comfort of your own home
Located in Manchester, UK, Cherry Pop Games is an independent, multi-platform development studio specializing in pool and snooker games. Its proprietary physics engine has been honed from many years and in 2015 the team integrated it with Unreal Engine 4. Cherry Pop Games’ first title, Pool Nation, was released on Xbox LIVE Arcade in 2012. Since then the franchise has appeared across 5 platforms and has been downloaded over 4 million times worldwide. Cherry Pop Games brings to Pool Nation VR the beauty of UE4, the precision of the Pool Nation Physics and stunning visuals just waiting to be explored.
Perilous Orbit is a VR-centric game design and development studio based in Seattle, WA. Focused on creating high quality immersive experiences with partners around the world, we bring together years of experience building amazing games, productivity, and experimental applications for Microsoft Hololens & Xbox. The Perilous Orbit team aims to find FUN as quickly as possible through rapid prototyping and ideation.
Pool Nation VR is available starting today for $19.99 on Steam for HTC VIVE.
For more information on Pool Nation VR, visit it’s Steam page.