Poi is Available Now on Steam
It was announced by PolyKid, LLC, that they have released its first game called Poi on Steam for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Steam Machines.
Check out the official trailer of Poi, featuring some gameplay footage:
“Poi is a 3D platformer that’s a love letter to the 90s era of classic platforming titles. It has tight, precise controls with all the platforming moves gamers know and love. Play as two kids on a grand adventure in a whale-shaped airship to collect Explorer Medallions and unravel the mysteries of the Milky Way Globe. Explore uncharted lands, compete in challenge levels, meet quirky characters and defeat comical creatures on a journey to collect all the medallions and become a true Master Explorer!
Quotes about Poi
- “Reminds me of every whimsical platformer I played in the 90s” – Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- “Poi looks like all the best 3D Mario games combined into one” – Destructoid
- “I can’t deny the allure of Poi’s colourful, skyborn universe” – PC Gamer
- “Poi is a fantastic reminder of why the 3D platformer is so fondly remembered” – Hardcore Gamer
- Explore the world in search of 100+ Explorer Medallions.
- Compete to set the fastest times in global online leaderboards.
- Master classic platforming moves like wall jumps, triple jumps, long jumps and more.
- Enjoy a fully orchestrated soundtrack composed by Lyndon Holland, the composer for Virginia.
Awards & Recognition:
- 95% “Very Positive” user score on Steam
- Game Development World Championship – Third Place – Helsinki, Finland – December 2nd, 2016
- Humble Bundle Monthly – August, 2016
- Featured in Steam Lunar New Year Sale – February, 2016
PolyKid, LLC was founded by Ben Gable and Paul Ewers when left their jobs in early 2014 to pursue their dream of starting an independent game studio. They were driven by the desire to make games inspired by titles that they loved as kids, but with an added dash of innovation and crafted using today’s tools and technology.”
For more information on Poi, visit its Steam page.