Play Necropolis at E3 2016!
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. and Harebrained Schemes have released E3 assets for their addictive action rogue-like title, NECROPOLIS, coming this Summer on PC via Steam, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and Xbox One.
Check out the “Death With Friends” trailer of Necropolis, featuring the gameplay mechanics and multiplayer mode:
NECROPOLIS blends timing-based third-person action with procedurally generated environments, monsters, and treasure. Those elements, married with the game’s striking minimalist art style, sardonic tone, and permadeath gameplay combine for an addictive and original “just one more time” experience.
In NECROPOLIS, players assume the role of a nameless adventurer attempting to escape a living, magical dungeon that reconstructs itself on each playthrough. Craft, equip, explore, and fight to stay alive against all manner of fearsome threats in the twisting labyrinth and endless chasms of this diabolical death dungeon.
Luckily, players don’t need to take on NECROPOLIS alone. Players can bring up to 3 friends along for intense co-op play but be warned: your weapons and magic affect everyone, friend or foe! And although death is still assured, every playthrough will improve your combat skills, magical upgrades, and good old dungeon know-how as they inch closer and closer to the final exit.
Enter the NECROPOLIS at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) at the Los Angeles Convention Center June 14-16, 2016 in the BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. meeting room (meeting room 303 A&B in the South Hall Mezzanine Level).
Pre-purchase NECROPOLIS and you’ll also receive a copy of the NECROPOLIS Original Soundtrack when the game is released! Here’s a sample of the score from composer Jon Everist: https://soundcloud.com/everistsound/sets/necropolis-original-soundtrack
IN NECROPOLIS, DEATH IS…
- …PERMANENT. Game Over? Jump right back in with a new adventurer and try again!
- …DIFFERENT EVERY TIME. A new procedurally-generated dungeon with every death.
- …BETTER WITH FRIENDS. Drop-in / drop-out CO-OP multiplayer for up to 4 players!
- …MONSTROUS. Gemeaters, Changelings, Hoardmen, and more – they exist to kill you.
- …NOT WITHOUT PERKS. Each new dungeon is littered with powerful weapons, armor, and upgrades to wield against your foes. (And there’s crafting, too!)
- …UNAVOIDABLE. But don’t worry, this NEXT playthrough is totally the one. We’ve got a good feeling about it.
For more information on Necropolis, visit it’s official website.