Recently, Persona 5 Royal was announced to release in March 2020, based on an interview with GameInformer, the tweet talking about this can be seen here:
The Game Informer November 2019 issue includes an interview with Persona series character designer Shigenori Soejima. The introduction of that interview lists Persona 5 Royal for a March 2020 release date in English. #P5R pic.twitter.com/cpMnUUwpOM
— Persona Central (@Persona_Central) October 1, 2019
So it seems that Shigenori Soejima was able to spill the beans and tell us that their new game will be available on March 2020. This is a bit of a problem as the Final Fantasy VII Remake will be releasing around that time and will clearly be played by almost everyone. The good thing however is that the game is decently close to release early next year, so the wait has been lessened so far.
Persona 5 will include some new features:
- Baton Touch ranks have been introduced.
- Leveling ranks increases the offensive and beneficial effects of the Baton Touch.
- Make full use of skills that cannot be inherently learned by equipping accessories that grant the use of skills.
- Characteristics have been added to each persona in Persona 5 Royal with attributes such as SP consumption for skills decreased, skill damage increased, etc.
- A new cooperative technique called “Show Time” has been introduced.
- “Show Time” is a special performance where teammates combine their strength. As their bonds deepen, they will begin to produce new techniques.
- Makoto Niijima and Haru Okumura’s “Show Time” is a cooperation skill based around female professional wrestling.
Yeah these new features will definitely improve the playablility this time around as the combat in the original can feel the same after a while, especially before the third boss gets introduced, so maybe we can gets something interesting to see during fights.
For more information on Persona 5 Royal, check out here.