Oriental Empires launches September 14, 2017
Publisher Iceberg Interactive announced the release date of their turn-based 4x grand strategy title Oriental Empires, which will launch out of Early Access on September 14th. The game is currently on last-chance sale with 25% off in the Weeklong Deals on Steam.
Check out the trailer of Oriental Empires, showcasing the games’ features:
“Oriental Empires entered Early Access in September 2016 and has since seen a large and growing community and a high customer approval rate. New languages, new diplomacy options and an alpha version of the multiplayer mode were added to allow the community to help shape the launch version of Oriental Empires to their liking. The battles and AI have been vastly improved upon since entering Early Access and the game has received many patches, updated and tweaks.
The game will receive a massive update upon release as well. The full version of the multiplayer mode will be added, supporting 15 players in one campaign. Official German, French, Polish and Russian language support will also become available on release, while simplified Chinese will also be updated to ensure the best experience possible for our Chinese players. Trading cards will be made available as well.
In addition, a brand new scenario will be added to the game as part of the launch update. In this new scenario you can start your campaign in the infamous Warring States Era. This will give you direct access to new factions and a populated map, as factions have already established their reigns and you can be confronted with war from the very first turn.
- Start out as a single nation or tribe, starting from humble beginnings with a single settlement and expand your empire and develop your culture with the aim of becoming the universally recognized Son of Heaven and ruler of the world.
- Persuade the other factions to recognize you as such by either military force, or by diplomatic persuasion.
- Play as one of 16 different factions each with their own special bonuses or penalties.
- Vast beautifully rendered map featuring an attractive and authentic depiction of the landscape of China and Mongolia.
- Large scale battles with hundreds or thousands of soldiers, depicted in detail right on the game map. Watch skilled armies and reinforcements go to battle, according to the battle orders and formations set by the player.
- Fully animated 3D models, with variations in face and clothing for each model, including infantry, cavalry, chariot and artillery units, as well as naval forces.
- Long seamless zoom range lets you step right into the game world or zoom out for a strategic overview.
- Develop your settlements by constructing buildings and developing the landscape around them, build markets and ports to enable trade by land and water.
- Elaborate research tree including technology as well as cultural, philosophical and religious developments.
- Many other elements will determine the outcome of you quest for dominance such as Leaders, Sieges, Unrest and Rebellion, and Authority and Culture ratings.
- As Emperor, set edicts, laws and decrees to balance power and move into a glorious new Era, with new technologies and military units that change the game!
- Conquer together or betray your allies. Anything goes in multiplayer mode, supporting up to 15 players.”
For more information on Oriental Empires, visit its official website.