No Man’s Sky ’11 Things that have Changed Since Launch’ Trailer
Hello Games and 505 Games revealed today a new trailer for their controversial survival game No Man’s Sky. In this trailer they list 11 things that have changed since the games’ launch.
Check out the gameplay trailer of No Man’s Sky, featuring the things that changed in the game since launch:
A a message from developer Hello Games’ Sean Murray:
“Hello everyone – it’s an exciting and super busy month for Hello Games and No Man’s Sky as we have our massive NEXT update launching across all platforms on July 24, and for the first time on Xbox One!
We will be sharing more details about the new content in the run up to launch. But a question we get asked all the time is ‘what’s changed in No Man’s Sky?’, so our friends at 505 Games have made a handy vid “11 Things That Have Changed in No Man’s Sky Since Launch” to remind everybody about the many many things that have changed… since launch.
But we chose our favourite 11 as the video would go on for far too long…
Changes we’ve highlighted include a regenerated universe, newly opened portal stargates, new biomes, deeper trading, exocraft for advanced exploration, new modes (Survival / Permadeath / Creative), base building, new missions/story, terrain manipulation, crashed / interstellar freighters, and deeper space combat.
No Man’s Sky has been in our heads for a very long time. In fact, it has its roots in Sean Murray’s experiences growing up on a ranch in the Australian outback. It was the true middle of nowhere, where if something went wrong you were told to just stay where you were and light a fire at an exact time every day, and hope that someone would find you.
The night sky was filled with more stars than you’ve ever seen, and we’ve all thought that this is exactly where videogames would go, videogames that contained the whole universe, and you’d be able to visit it all.
No Man’s Sky takes that jump – it’s the game we’ve always wanted to make.
- A TRULY OPEN UNIVERSE If you can see it, you can go there. You can fly seamlessly from the surface of a planet to another, and every star in the sky is a sun that you can visit.
- EXPLORATION IS SEEING THINGS THAT NO-ONE ELSE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE Every creature, geological formation, plant and spaceship is unique.
- SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER You are alone and vulnerable, and will face threat everywhere, from deep space to thick forests, barren deserts to dark oceans.
- BUILD FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY Collect precious materials and trade them for better spacecraft and upgrades for your suit and equipment and prepare for your journey to the centre of the galaxy.
- A SHARED UNIVERSE Choose to share with other players your discoveries on a map of the galaxy. Strike out for unexplored frontiers or build your strengths in known space.
- 65DAYSOFSTATIC SOUNDTRACK Our favourite band, 65daysofstatic, is producing a soundtrack album especially for No Man’s Sky, which will be featured in the game as a procedurally generated soundscape.”