Ninja Theory’s – New IP Gameplay and Premise Leaked | Gaming Instincts
E3 is slowly creeping up and as we get closer day by day, more leaks and rumors also popping out here and there. This one is coming from an anonymous source that’s also been looked at by well known insiders. The well known insiders have also stated that they’ve heard something similar to what the anonymous source was suggesting in regards to Ninja Theory’s latest upcoming title – Bleeding Edge. Does that mean that this is 100% true? No, just like any leak insider or not, should still be taken with a grain of salt. However, I am personally somewhat confident that this is the real deal. Without further ado, let’s dive into Microsoft brand new 1st party IP title from Ninja Theory – Bleeding Edge.
- It’s from the developers of Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, DmC Reboot and Kung Fu Chaos for the original Xbox for those who don’t know and want to get up to speed.
- The game will be announced at this year’s E3 – this was heavily suggested by my known insiders with excellent track records and not really a secret at this point.
- Heavily story focused
- 4 Player co-op
- Sci-Fi Universe/Thematic
- Bleeding Edge will contain 18 levels with 6 unique locations
- Each location will offer 3 levels with a round-up of 90 minutes of gameplay/playtime.
- Each location will end with a boss fight that is similar to Sony’s latest God of War
- Each character is able to pick different abilities for their secondary guns.
- The arsenal will include guns, traps and a lasso that’s very similar to the mechanics in Bulletstorm.
- The story in the game suggests that Earth is being invaded by aliens. You will visit different planets that also have been invaded and find the creatures that are responsible for the attack.
- This is Ninja Theory’s longest game development project in their history. It’s been in development for 5 years and once its out it will be a total of 6 years that it has been in development.
- The game will be released in early 2020 for Xbox and Windows 10 PCs.
- It’s running on Unreal Engine 4
What do I personally think of this? While the concept maybe nothing super new, it is a brand new IP from Ninja Theory and they’re a great developer. Now that they have pretty much an unlimited budget and are backed up one of the world’s largest corporations, I am quite excited to see how Bleeding Edge turns out.
I always liked and enjoyed co-op games, and a run’n’gun hardcore Sci-fi game with aliens on Unreal Engine 4 sounds like an absolute blast to me, assuming that the combat is bloody, visceral and engaging. We’re looking forward to seeing this game ourselves at the E3 2019 Xbox Media Briefing. Stay tuned for more next-gen news and latest coverage here at Gaming Instincts and let us know your thoughts down below on what you think about Ninja’s Theory new IP.