Square Enix finally released the third major installment in the Kingdom Hearts series, Kingdom Hearts III, earlier this year and fans ate the concluding story up. However, the developers aren’t quite finished with the story as a new DLC titled ‘Re:Mind’ is set to release sometime in the not-too distant future. While we know a little about the upcoming DLC, a new trailer is set to be revealed next week which should give fans a good look at what to expect.
Square Enix announced that the new trailer will hit on September 9, 2019 airing at 8AM PT/11AM ET. Square Enix made the announcement via the game’s Twitter account.
🚨 One week to go! 🚨
This time next week we'll be releasing a brand-new #KingdomHearts III Re Mind trailer, so make sure you're following us!
— KINGDOM HEARTS (@KINGDOMHEARTS) September 2, 2019
We know a few details regarding the details, which you can view the entire detailed list below (There are Spoilers for those who have yet to experience the game):
- That is not an Limit Cut ultimate class fight scene in the trailer. The trailer doesn’t have any Limit Cut scenes. The trailer is mainly made up of the elements included in the additional scenario.
- Sora’s “Oathkeeper” Keyblade and new form will be released as free downloadable content at the same time as the “Re:Mind” add-on.
- For Limit Cut bosses, we’re aiming for around the amount of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.
- There is an additional scenario, Limit Cut episode and bosses, and even secret episode and bosses.
- I can’t say anything about the release date yet, but we want to put it out as soon as we can. We don’t want to release it close to Final Fantasy VII Remake (which is due out on March 3, 2020).
- You can choose to play as Roxas and the others by progressing through the additional scenario similar to Riku and Aqua.
- The additional scenario is standalone and can be played after clearing the main story.
While there’s not an official release date as of yet, the Re:Mind DLC is expected to release this coming winter. Kingdom Hearts III is currently available for the PS4 and Xbox One.