New Patch of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Improves Frame Rates
It was announced by Nintendo, the release of a patch for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild that dramatically increase frame rates when the game is played in docked mode, a situation that used to hurt performance as the hardware and software struggles with the jump in resolution.
Check out the frame rate video of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, comparing the frame rates before and after the patch:
“Nintendo posted in their support page the following steps and information about this new patch:
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s Internet features.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the system is connected to the Internet, the update will download and install automatically.
Complete These Steps:
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the Internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
- Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.”
A Reddit user stated: “Went to a forest outside of the plateau with two Moblins where I had major FPS drops, Now have a consistent 30 there. It seems that there are still specific areas that tank your frames (the first cliff at the plateau, Kakariko, ect.) but I’ve never had that stable FPS during combat while randomly out in the world.”