New Homeland Has Started its Kickstarter Campaign
Hot Fudges Games has announced that after 2 years of development, they finally launched the Kickstarter campaign for their new title New Homeland, an original blend of various classics from the 8 & 16 bits era, the Sandbox genre and high quality pixel art.
Check out the Kickstarter trailer of New Homeland, featuring various gameplay footage:
As its core, New Homeland stays true to the gameplay, the look and the feel of classics from the 8 & 16 bits era. It blends the fun and precise controls of aplatform game, the epic journey in a huge world to explore of an action adventure game, the raw action and challenges of metroidvania ‘s dungeons.
New Homeland also lives in the times and features a world that is fully interactive, dynamic and alive by incorporating a Life Simulation/City building aspect to the whole.
Moreover, the player is given a great freedom of action and growth integrating elements from a Sandbox/RPG game. You can be an adventurer, a warrior, a wizard, a craftsman, a hunter, a builder, a miner, a trader, a leader, a farmer…
- A 16 bits era general aesthetic with high quality pixel art and animations.
- A wide range of skills and roles: adventurer, warrior, wizard, craftsman, trader, leader, farmer.
- A living world with its own fauna, flora and peoples. Human beings have a personality, a daily routine, a job, they are organised and social.
- An engine and technology tailored to enhance the gameplay and fun.
- A wide variety of content: Lots of items to discover, buy and craft. All kinds of environments: overworld, underground, sea and sky. A meaningful list of enemies to fight, with specific behaviors, animations and patterns. Many dungeon types with all kinds of room designs. A whole lot of NPCs, quests, puzzles and secrets.
- Huge, daunting, funny, crazy, small, inhuman and challenging bosses !
Hot Fudge Games is a two person independent developer founded in July 2014, France. It all started when former colleagues and friends decided to escape the industry. With that precious freedom regained, they can now put all their love, experience, energy, time, money and health into creating their dream games.”
For more information on New Homeland, visit its Kickstarter page.