New games are coming to Xbox One from January 8-10, and the lineup caters to fans of 2D platformers, 8-bit graphics, and friends of the animal variety.
According to Mike Nelson over at Xbox Wire, “every week the team at Xbox aims to deliver quality gaming content for [players] to enjoy on [their] favorite gaming console.” Thus, Nelson provided a list of the following titles coming to Xbox One next week, including pre-order details:
- Regions of Ruin — January 8
- Regions of Ruin is a 2D side-scrolling RPG. Players can build towns and can explore an open world that challenges gamers in different ways. As players progress through the world and improve their settlements, they will be confronted by warring groups, guardians protecting “great mysteries,” and “settlements [that] have been laid to waste.” The game is single player only.
- Fans who are interested can pre-order the game on the Microsoft Store or on the Xbox One Marketplace.
- Animal Friends Adventure — January 8
- Animal Friends Adventure takes place in Panda Land, where “mystical beasts and strange creatures are appearing” and “mysterious disappearances are happening.” For fans of previous Animal Friends installments, Super Panda has returned, and players must take control of this lovable hero and “rescue his beloved lands from the ancient nemesis once thought defeated” alongside his friends. The game will be Xbox One X Enhanced.
- The title can be pre-ordered on the Microsoft Store or on the Xbox One Marketplace.
- Dragon Sinker: Descendants of Legend — January 8
- Dragon Sinker: Descendants of Legend produces 8-bit graphics and sound, bringing “a visual and audio feast to the table of hungry gamers starving for the nostalgia of RPG classics with plenty of subquests for the hero to tackle and secret dungeons to explore.” Players will also need to be on the lookout for legendary weapons to combat an epic foe.
- The game utilizes the Xbox Play Anywhere feature, allowing those who purchase it to play both on their Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.
- Available for pre-order on the Microsoft Store and on the Xbox One Marketplace.
- In-Vert — January 8
- Players who are fans of interdimensional travel may be interested in In-Vert, where the hero must “conquer two universes at once, relentlessly switching between two dimensions” in a quest to find a long-lost friend. The game is a platformer that employs puzzles, jumping sequences, and retro graphics.
- In-Vert is available for pre-order on the Microsoft Store and Xbox One Marketplace.
- Paperbound Brawlers — January 10
- Similar to In-Vert, Paperbound Brawlers explores more scientific themes with the utilization of “mind-bending gravity mechanics in a platforming brawler for up to four local players.” The game features “characters and arenas from classic books” and combines platforming, twitchy combat, and gravity control.
- The game is not currently available for pre-order.
Next Week on Xbox strives to bring gamers more information about new titles coming to Xbox One every week, from indie platformers to more beefy titles.
Gaming Instincts is dedicated to bringing its readers all the latest and greatest news, reviews, guides, and updates for all their favorite titles and more. Be sure to follow Gaming Instincts on Facebook and Twitter for more gaming news!