Bandai Namco has revealed brand new gameplay footage for the upcoming Souls-like action-RPG title, Code Vein. The footage aired during the Code Vein Special Stage event during this year’s Tokyo Game Show event.
You can check out the new footage below:
There has been plenty of new updates and reveals for the upcoming game, including tons of new trailers, gameplay footage and bits of information on various aspect of the game. While we’ve also seen a couple looks at some of the deadly bosses in the game, the trial version currently allows players to take on the game’s first boss fight.
New details on one of the safe zones in Code Vein, the Spa, as well as one of the Blood Codes – Prometheus. After playing through the demo myself, I can safely say a Bandai Namco Dark Souls is as thrilling as it sounds.
There’s also a quick overview of the game to help your decision on if the game is right for you:
The world as we know it is gone. At the center of the destruction lies a hidden society of Revenants called Vein. Those who remain fight for survival by acquiring Gifts of power in exchange for their memories, and an ever-increasing thirst for blood. Give into the bloodlust fully and risk becoming one of the Lost; fiendish ghouls devoid of any remaining humanity who wander aimlessly in search of blood. Team up and embark on a journey to the ends of hell to unlock your past and escape your living nightmare in CODE VEIN.
- A story driven connected dungeon experience.
- Team up with a cast of AI characters, each with a unique plot and fighting style.
- Take on quests with your friends in online co-op
- Customize your character, from appearance to playstyle, to fit the way you want to play.
- Choose from dozens of unique “Gifts” that can increase your strength, weaken enemies, or cast powerful attacks.
- Become a master of combat: dodge, parry, and unleash combo attacks your foes.
- Take on challenging bosses with a myriad of combat options.
- Switch your build at any time. Choose from numerous Blood Codes and expand your techniques.
- Challenging gameplay that will test your abilities as you face hordes of the Lost.
Code Vein is set to release on September 27, 2019 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.