One of Nintendo’s anticipated titles is nearing its release in the third-person mech shooter, Daemon X Machina. while Switch fans are no doubt still whetting their appetite with PlatinumGames’ Astral Chain, the upcoming Marvelous title looks to bring over more action to the unique Nintendo hardware.
The latest trailer gives viewers a look at the game’s various characters present in the game, along with a look at the different factions appearing in the story. You can check out the new trailer below:
There’s a lot to look forward to in the upcoming mech shooter which provides a unique gameplay design not readily available on the Switch console. For the full breakdown of the game, check out the official overview via Nintendo below:
Defend the planet through high-speed mech action.
When the moon tore apart, the sky bled red with light, ushering in an apocalyptic new age… and to survive, you must fight. As a mercenary, defend Earth through high-speed combat against corrupted robots in a series of missions from the cockpit of your Arsenal, a fully customizable mech. Equip your Arsenal with a vast array of parts and weapons, obtain more from downed enemy Arsenals, and swap them on the fly to suit your strategy in the face of ever-rising threats.
In this brand-new action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda (Armored Core) and mech designer Shoji Kawamori (Super Dimensional Fortress Macross), your environment is your ally. Collect and use Femto Energy on the field to boost your stats and create powerful mirages; or wield objects like cars and street signs as melee weapons and projectiles. For even more power, upgrade your physical combat abilities and learn new skills through body modification. It’ll also come in handy when you eject from your Arsenal and fight on foot using special weapons and abilities.
- Defend Earth through high-speed mech combat against corrupted robots.
- Kenichiro Tsukuda, well known for his work developing the Armored Core series, and his talented team have developed this brand-new title with the goal of making it “the best mech action game” out there.
- The player’s avatar and Arsenal are fully customizable with a variety of options.
- Defeated enemies may drop ammo and weapons, which the player can obtain and use on the fly.
- Squad up with three other players* to destroy titanic bosses in online Co-op mode.
- Mech designs created by Mr. Kawamori, who also worked on the Armored Core series and the Super Dimension Fortress Macross series.
Daemon X Machina is slated to release exclusively on the Switch on September 13, 2019 with a new demo available to try out now.