After its 2018 Nintendo Switch release in Japan, the high-octane JRPG Metal Max Xeno: Reborn will finally release in the west for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam on June 10, 2022. Metal Max Xeno: Reborn is set in a post-apocalyptic world called Dystokio, and is a nonlinear JRPG with real-time battle and vehicle combat. This announcement came alongside a new trailer for the game’s English version, which showcases the process of chasing bounties in the game.
The game’s key features via PQube can be seen below:
- Post-apocalyptic world where humans are endangered, and machines roam the wasteland.
- JRPG with a blend of turn-based and real-time combat, with an emphasis on tanks and armored vehicles.
- Explore the expansive wastes of Tokyo Bay – Freely explore a vast world on foot or mounted in your combat vehicle.
- Team up with two new characters – beloved battle dog, Pochi, and artificial-human navigator Po-M as you venture out to unite the remaining survivors.
- Hunt down high value targets with over 30 boss fights to claim valuable rewards.
- A reimagining of Metal Max Xeno (2018), the latest game in the classic Japanese series, Metal Max.
- Fully redeveloped with a brand new game engine and a complete graphical overhaul, with redesigned characters, enemies and environments.
Additionally, publisher PQube and Funstock will also provide physical editions of the game which are available for pre-order. The standard edition will cost $45.54 for both PS4 and Nintendo Switch while the limited edition (which will only have 500 copies produced) will cost $78.08 on both platforms. The Limited Edition includes four A6 art cards, three 30th anniversary metal pins, and a box that looks like a book.
Metal Max Xeno: Reborn will launch for Nintendo Switch, PS4, and PC on June 10, 2022 in the west. The game is currently available to Japanese players