Update: Capcom has officially announced the upcoming release of Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection. The leak for the game initially appeared yesterday on the PlayStation Store in Hong Kong which lead to most of the details being released early.
The new collection will release on January 21, 2020 for the Ps4, Switch, Xbox One and PC both physical and digital copies in North America.
Check out all of the main features for the new Legacy collection provided by Capcom below:
- Zero and ZX series on modern consoles
- Join the Resistance as the titular fan-favorite protagonist in the four Zero games.
- Defend the innocent from Mavericks and discover your destiny as either the male or female protagonists of ZX and ZX Advent.
- All-new competitive rush mode – Z Chaser Mode allows players to race to complete challenges from both the Zero and ZX games. More details on this mode will be revealed at a later date.
- Newcomer friendly Casual Scenario Mode and Save-Assist System – New players can jump right into the futuristic universe of the Mega Man Zero and ZX series with a new Casual Scenario Mode. Bounce back from mistakes using the new optional Save-Assist system to revive at the most recent map checkpoint without losing a life.
- Improved visuals and layout options – Experience the games as they were first released with a monitor filter option that features the original sprite art, or toggle the smooth filter on for a clean look to the charming, classic sprites. Freely choose from a variety of layout options for the ZX series’ dual-screen displays and controls at any time.
- In-game gallery and music player – Take a look back at the history of the Zero and ZX series with each collection’s massive repository of original production art, including a music player filled with tunes from the original games. Those who pre-order the collection will also have access to the ten special arrangements included in the Mega Man Zero / ZX Reploid Remixes.
Original Story: Capcom has been turning their attention back to their golden IP franchises as of recently with proof that they’re looking to continue that streak. A recent leak on the PlayStation Store in Hong Kong has shown off not only a listing, but an announcement trailer for Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection.
Check out the new trailer for the collection below:
There’s also a slick Pre-Order bonus detailed trailer you can view below:
Along with the new trailer was a release date for the game of January 21, 2020. Capcom has already released the first ten original Mega Man titles with the Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2, as well as all original Mega Man X titles with the Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2. It’s no shocker that the iconic game studio would be looking to capitalize more on the beloved franchises, including the Zero/ZX series.
The collection appears to come with all four Mega Man Zero title (Mega Man Zero 1, Zero 2, Zero 3, and Zero 4) along with both Mega Man ZX and Zx Advent. Check out a short description of the game via the PlayStation Store leak before the listing was removed:
Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection brings together six classic titles in one game: Mega Man Zero 1, 2, 3, and 4, as well as Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent.
In addition to the original games, this package includes an artwork gallery, music player, special filters, and much more. Casual Scenario Mode and a Save-Assist feature are available for those who would like to enjoy the story at their own pace. Players can also try their hand at the new leaderboard-based Z Chaser Mode, an exclusive new mode created just for this set of games.
The entire Mega Man Zero series released solely on the Game Boy Advance handheld while the two ZX title landed later on the DS handheld. It will be interesting to try all six of these titles out on a home console. Even though the leak was found on the PlayStation Store, we should also expect them to release on other consoles like the other recent collections have, i.e. the Switch, Xbox One and PC.
Regardless, this new collection has yet to be officially announced, so until then, we’ll just have to wait and see what comes of the new anticipated collection.