Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 gets a new trailer showing off some new gameplay and just a tiny bit of story, check it out here:
The game will be launching on November 5th and it will feature the cast from both Nintendo and Sega to have some fun and fair matches.
According to the press release, the new game includes:
- Brand New Story: Help Mario & Sonic escape from a 2D-themed console, the “Tokyo ’64,” hatched as part of Dr. Eggman’s and Bowser’s nefarious plans to trap the colorful and capable power pair.
- A Bountiful Medley of Events: Skateboard, surf, and race your way to the top of the podium! With more than 30 events to master in this fun-filled Olympic Games showdown, there are plenty of ways to prove your skills to your friends in local and online multiplayer.
- Push the Boundaries: Dream Events deliver a layer of fantastical chaos. Zip through a downhill obstacle course on your hoverboard, throwdown for territorial control with lightning-fast karate action, or smash the most targets inside a traditional Japanese manor!
- So Many Ways to Play*: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: The gang’s all here! Play as Mario, Sonic, and a star-studded cast of your favorite SEGA and Nintendo characters!
The game will also feature some 2D events that represent the old classic retro style of events.
You can check out the coverage of the game here.