Mac OS X Version of The Keep is Available Now
It was announced by inemax, that The Keep for MacOSX, an old-school dungeon crawler with real-time combat, has been released today on Steam.
Check out the Steam trailer of The Keep, featuring some gameplay footage:
“In The Keep you will embark on a quest to explore caves and dungeons filled with monsters to slain, traps to avoid, puzzles to solve, and treasures to find underneath and surrounding the tower of evil sorcerer Watrys.
The Keep offers an easy to dive in gameplay experience with enough depth to ask for more. Every enemy requires different tactics during combat, every weapon class offers unique combos and by rearranging and combining runes that you have to find in the first place you can cast powerful spells.
- An old-school first-person dungeon crawler with a modern twist
- Vast underground dungeons filled with traps, monsters, puzzles and treasures
- Three difficulties. The Keep will offer something for newbies in the genre, seasoned adventurers and for those who like to tackle with proper challenge—every difficulty level will have a Perma-death option.
- Rune magic—you can rearrange runes on a 5×4 board and then chain them together to cast powerful elemental magic (Fire, Ice or Lightning). Runes are scarce but there are a lot of spells, so be careful to pick the right combinations
- Captivating soundtrack
- English voiceovers with localized in-game text to seven languages – English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Czech and Hungarian
Cinemax is a leading independent studio located in beautiful Zbraslav (part of Prague) with track record of more than 40 titles published across various platforms including Nintendo DSiWare™, Nintendo eShop, Steam and iOS. Cinemax believes in an enhancing gameplay experience with an old-school feeling.”
For more information on The Keep, visit its Steam page.