The Long Reach Will be Released on March 14, 2018
Merge Games and Painted Black Games, a Ukranian / Russian indie game developer, announced the forthcoming release of The Long Reach. The Long Reach is set for digital release on PC, PlayStation4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on Wednesday March 14, 2018 – all versions priced at (£12.99, €14.99, $14.99).
Check out the teaser trailer of The Long Reach, featuring some gameplay footage:
“At its heart it’s an adventure game but closer inspection also reveals it’s a thrilling horror story, flavoured with sci-fi ideology, psychological context and a sceptical view on the human psyche.
The Long Reach takes place in New Hampshire, in the fictional town of Baervox. The game draws its inspiration from Lone Survivor and The Cave and all the classical adventures (except that The Long Reach is set in the present day). You don’t play in a post-apocalyptic world or explore a fairy-filled fantasy world. You’re in the thick of it, just around the corner from the place where you buy your groceries.
- The Long Reach is a horror-thriller hell bent on screwing with your perception of things.
- The game misuses stunning pixel art to create gruesome and unsettling images.
- You’ll be playing as Calvin throughout the game – this is an example of the lies and deception that we have in store for you.
- You won’t be forced to figure everything out. Escape if you wish, in fact we encourage you to run for your life!
- Solve puzzles that require thinking outside the box. The box provided by our publisher was never used during the development.
- You’ll be able to talk with plenty of characters. In fact, you’ll have a chance to pitch in every five lines or so.
- A classic adventure game inventory filled with keys and weird stuff (note: no Elvish swords glowing faintly blue when evil is close in this game).
- Original atmospheric and haunting soundtrack. The composer’s not right in the head, he brought weird stuff home to use in the soundtrack. We’re all concerned for his cat.
About Merge Games
Merge Games is an independent video game publisher and distributor based in Manchester, UK. The company publishes and distributes interactive software worldwide for personal computers, video games consoles and mobile devices. Merge Games also specializes in publishing collectable games for retail and worldwide digital distribution for independent developers.
About Painted Black Games
Painted Black Games is a young Ukrainian mini game-dev-studio comprising of four people. Lead by producer and coder, Roman Tomilin, Painted Black is making its first game – a philosophic thriller adventure, The Long Reach. The creative process started in 2015. Everyone, who has had a hand in the game brought a unique view and improved it. The creation of Painted Black Games wasn’t an accident, it was the only logical result of people passionate about creating games meeting each other.”
For more information on The Long Reach, visit its Steam page.