Kickstarter Success Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander is Out Now
It was announced by Massive Damage Inc., that just a year and a half after their highly successful Kickstarter campaign raised $187,706 for their ambitious retro-styled space adventure strategy game, Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander, has launched on Steam™ for PC, Mac and Linux.
Check out the launch trailer of Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander, featuring some reviews and gameplay footage:
“Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander is a hybrid strategy role-playing game with a unique blend of base building, exploration, and a deep tactical JRPG style combat system with capital starships and their idiosyncratic officers, all captured in stunningly beautiful modernized pixel graphics.
In Halcyon 6, a mysterious alien force known only as the Chruul is carving a path of destruction towards Earth and you, as the Commander of an immensely powerful, newly discovered derelict starbase left behind by a precursor alien race, are the best chance for the New Terran Federation to stop the impending invasion.
“We came up with the idea for Halcyon 6 a few years back when we realized there was a lack of epic space adventure games like the ones we loved when we were younger. Too many new space games stuck to the traditional 4x strategy template or went too far into shooter territory. Halcyon 6 was our response to that. Our goal was to design an approachable, fun, space adventure with just the right mix of strategy and RPG gameplay. ” said Ken Seto, CEO of Massive Damage.
- Base Building: spend resources to build station facilities (rooms) to enhance your production and technological capabilities, or build ships to help you control more territory
- Exploration: assign your fleets to nearby star clusters, where they can handle emerging enemy threats, do missions for alien factions or secure bonus resources
- Crew Management: assign crew to station facilities to greatly improve their output efficiency, or to ships where they can contribute in unique ways to combat, missions and events
- Deep Tactical Combat: fight tactical ship or ground battles to resolve hostile events, create a foothold in the sector and ultimately defeat the enemy mothership!
- Story Events: based on game criteria like rooms-built, alien diplomacy scores or officer traits/skills, the game will produce story events (often with multiple choice outcomes) that can lead to combat, time-related applied bonuses/negatives, officer attribute changes or any number of crazy in-game stories.
About Massive Damage, Inc.
Founded by brothers Ken Seto and Garry Seto, Massive Damage is focused on building unique and compelling game experiences for all platforms.”
For more information on Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander, visit its Steam page.