Kalypso Media Announces Railway Empire
It was announced by Kalypso Media and Gaming Minds Studios, Railway Empire, a brand-new tycoon simulation game that promises to bring all the drama and excitement of running your own rail company, starting in 1830’s America as you expand your business from coast to coast across 100 years of booming industry. Out-think and outmanoeuvre your rivals, research innovative new technologies and expand your network across a huge gaming world. Railway Empire is currently planned for a Q4 2017 release.
Check out the teaser trailer of Railway Empire, featuring a cinematic video about the game:
“Further details and gameplay will be shown as the game is revealed at GDC 2017 in San Francisco, where attendees will be welcome to see the game in action and find out all the details and features behind this expansive and ambitious new strategy title. Also in attendance will be Daniel Dumont, Creative Director at development studio Gaming Minds, who be on-hand to give insights direct from the studio itself.
About Railway Empire
In Railway Empire, you will create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also develop over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities as you progress through five eras of technological innovations.
However, you can’t just build and research your way to the top – the competition never sleeps, and to keep your business on track you’ll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To get to the top you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics as you attack and sabotage your opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
Features of Railway Empire
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game, and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.
Railway Empire will make its first appearance at GDC 2017 between 28thFebruary and 2nd March, with gameplay demos available at a dedicated meeting space, just a short walk from the Moscone Center. Sessions will be held with Daniel Dumont of Gaming Minds, who will be happy to answer questions and demonstrate all the new features of the game.”
For more information on Railway Empire, visit its Steam page.