Blackroom, The New FPS Game From John Romero and Adrian Carmack is Now on Kickstarter!
This year is full of surprising news for gaming, some would say that the unthinkable just happened. Today, the masterminds behind the games that gave birth to a popular genre known as first person shooters such as Wolfestein 3D and Doom are back together to create a brand new FPS game with today’s latest technology in gaming.
The game in question will be called Blackroom, and it will feature the classic FPS formula that Adrian Carmack and John Romero were known for back in the day, such as level exploration, speed, and intense, weaponized combat, combined with fast, skillful movement to dodge enemy attacks, circle-strafe your foes, and rule the air as you rocket jump in the single- and multiplayer modes.
You can check their Kickstarter video down below:
“Powered by Unreal Engine 4 and fully moddable on PC, the game is being developed with community at its core, starting with today’s launch of a Kickstarter campaign to fund development.
• Reign supreme in a variety of multiplayer modes, including co-op, 1-on-1 deathmatch and free-for-all arena in a wide variety of locations including hardcore military sims, hellish infernos and interstellar space.
• Delve into a captivating 10+ hour single-player campaign, spanning wildly varied environments, from ruined Victorian mansions to wild west ghost towns to swashbuckling pirate galleons and beyond.
• Master fast, skillful movement with rocket jumping, strafe jumping and circle strafing.
• Challenge yourself with expert abstract level design, invented and perfected by John Romero and made material by Adrian Carmack. Romero’s latest map, Tech Gone Bad, has received universal praise and over 1M unique impressions.
• Master six built-in multiplayer maps, as well as countless maps created by the community.
• Extend your experience with full mod support and dedicated servers.
• Put your skills to the test in Challenge Modes (speedrunning and more) that present unique and demanding goals.
• Affect the holographic worlds in the Blackroom with a device called the Boxel, and influence the environment, your weapons and your enemies.
• Features new soundtrack compositions by acclaimed metal guitarist George Lynch.”
For more info about the game, check their Kickstarter Page