INSOMNIA: The Ark Launches on September 27
Publisher HeroCraft and developer Studio Mono announced today that their upcoming RPG, INSOMNIA: The Ark, will launch for PC via Steam on September 27th.
This RPG was in development for more than eight years with a ten-person team at Studio Mono in Samara, Russia and will feature more than 60 hours of content, as players explore a colossal space metropolis brimming with the secrets of a long-gone civilization.
INSOMNIA: The Ark will release via Steam on September 27th for $29.99 / £29.99 / €29.99.
Check out the reaction video of INSOMNIA: The Ark, featuring some well-known developers reacting to the game:
Players will explore more than 70 unique locations, populated by 250 key characters uttering over 200,000 words of dialogue. The epic story can be completed alongside four NPC companions, and there will be 12 different endings at which the player can arrive, depending on their choices throughout the game.
Following a successful closed beta phase over the summer which helped inform final tweaks and improvements, HeroCraft and Studio Mono are ready to unleash the title – eagerly awaited within roleplaying circles – on the world. And what’s more, the game will continue to be supported post-launch, with additional content and features to be added via free DLC.
About INSOMNIA: The Ark
INSOMNIA: The Ark is a dieselpunk sci-fi RPG about the slowly degrading remnants of human society attempting to survive on an abandoned space metropolis. Players will develop their character, explore lovingly handcrafted locations, interact with peculiar NPCs and factions, and try to stay alive in this brutal world.
Welcome to Object 6 – a colossal space station set on a dismal 400-year journey in search of a new home. Your character wakes from cryogenic sleep – stricken with a rare psychological disease and unknowingly holding humanity’s last hope in his bare hands…
- Exploration is rewarding… and dangerous – Search for valuable technology and resources in the confines of Object 6. Pay attention – INSOMNIA’s nuanced world can conceal unexpected quests from treacherous characters, as well as savage enemies and deadly hazards. Hunger, thirst, fatigue and hostile environments will be your main companions throughout this journey.
- Personalized journey – Break free from character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible perk system combined with a huge amount of craftable items and equipment for an experience unique to every player.
- Your choices matter – INSOMNIA offers an intricate, non-linear storyline with ‘points of no return’. Navigate a system of thorny relations with characters and factions and make tough decisions that affect the game world. Each major problem can be solved using a variety of different (and sometimes unexpected) solutions.
- Strategic real-time combat – INSOMNIA features both close and ranged combat, as well as destroyable covers. Choose your gear wisely – every armor and weapon type in the game has its own tactical virtues and shortcomings.
- A rich universe – Experience the game’s rich lore through retro-futuristic noir visuals with elements of dieselpunk. Witness man-made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark noir jazz soundtrack and echoes of a decaying civilization.