Developer Ascendant Studios recently announced the release of a major update for the fantasy FPS Immortals of Aveum. The Echollector update adds New Game Plus to the game which skips the intro, the new “Grand Magnus” game difficulty option, new endgame objectives, an FPS cap on PC, and more. A trailer for the update was also released. Immortals of Aveum launched on August 22 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and the EA App. In the game players play as Jak, “an unexpected Triarch Magnus who is thrust into the midst of the Everwar. It’s up to Jak and the elite battlemages of the Order of the Immortals to protect magic and stop the tyrant, Sandrakk, from plunging Aveum into oblivion.”
The full update details via the publisher
- We’ve added New Game+ as an option to begin a new playthrough while preserving key progression features.
- The player starts New Game+ as a Magnus in the Light’s Army. The new playthrough begins in the Yltheum Chapter, bypassing the introductory Streetwise and The Magnus Chapters.
- Gear, resources, talents, Arcanum, and health and mana upgrades carry over from the previous playthrough.
- All unlocked spells and abilities carry over EXCEPT Augment spells (Grapple, Disrupt, Animate, etc.) due to their unlock requirements.
- Epic and Legendary gear can be upgraded to higher levels in the Forge.
- Enemy health, damage, and abilities have been rebalanced, and experience and currency earned have been adjusted to scale with New Game+ progression.How to access:
NG+ is available from a shrine behind Zendara in Glaivegate following the final boss battle battle. You do not need to 100% the game to start NG+Grand Magnus Difficulty Mode:
- We’ve added the new “Grand Magnus” game difficulty option that provides players with tougher combat challenges throughout the game.
- “Grand Magnus” difficulty can be selected anytime, whether it’s your first playthrough or you’re starting New Game+.
- Enemy health, defense, power, and behavior have been adjusted.
- Combat is more intense, there are fewer health drops, and swapping between spells and abilities will be essential to survival.“The Echollector” Gameplay Update: SPOILERS ALERT
- “The Echollector” gameplay update brings new endgame objectives to Immortals of Aveum™. Spoilers lie below, so skip ahead if you’d prefer to experience it all in the game first.
- The new content automatically becomes available when the player reaches Glaivegate.
- Shatterfanes – these are corrupted Shroudfanes that lead to new hidden areas and tough battles.
- New Gear – Within the Shatterfanes, players will be rewarded with all-new gear items to take on their journey, including a new bracer, two rings, Limpets vial, and a legendary sigil.
- Discover new lore and face an epic boss battle with the ancient being, The Echollector.How to access:
The four fanes are in Pale Forest, Shrineforge, Oremen, and Glaivegate. To progress through the Acroamatic Fane (the fourth and final fane in Glaivegate), you need to beat the other 3 fanes.General Updates:
Addressed how the player interacts with an object to prevent accidentally crushing a Mana crystal
On PC, we’ve added an option to turn off mouse smoothing which can help improve the feel of high DPI mice
Added FPS cap on PC
Addressed an issue where a player could occasionally get stuck in a freefall inside a Shroudfane
Made it so enemies leave behind their loot even if they fall into the abyss
Fixed instances of occasional crashes and progression blockers
Addressed rumors of a new Beast among Rasharn’s ranks still lurking within the borders of Kalthus