ICEBOX: Speedgunner is Available Now on Steam for Win/Mac/Linux
Developer Games Of Edan announced today, the release of ICEBOX: Speedgunner for Mac and Linux, following last month’s Windows release. Now players on all platforms can compete together to become the Ultimate Speedgunner.
Check out the trailer of ICEBOX: Speedgunner, featuring some gameplay footage:
“ICEBOX: Speedgunner sees the player carving an ice-cool path through a brand new 3D Platforming FPS, cutting corners, dodging obstacles & eliminating guards, in a battle to escape the ICEBOX, before it’s permanently shut down. The player will race the clock, hunt the Central AI and leverage run-and-gun gameplay to navigate a digital labyrinth, top the global leaderboards and become the Ultimate Speedgunner. Inspired by the “Brain in a Vat” thought-experiment, the game explores the concept of escaping your own virtual prison.
ESCAPE THE ICEBOX
Race the clock and destroy sentinels, as you unlock new environments and weapons, culminating in a final battle against the Central AI.
- Levels are around 2-5min in length.
- Unlock new levels and game modes by completing each campaign level.
- Replay levels to perfect runs and improve your overall standing on the global Leaderboards.
Take a more considered approach through a marathon level, on a solitary journey in search of the Central AI.
- Procedurally combines the campaign into one large level that can be up to 100kms long.
Other levels focused on a specific gameplay mechanic or challenge.
- For example, Zen Mode, Arena Mode, Hunter Mode and more.
- SPEEDRUNNING: Race the clock to become the Ultimate Speedgunner
- RUN-AND-GUN: 3D platforming combined with fast-and-light FPS
- GLITCH MODE: Manipulate time, gravity and engage protective shields
- DOUBLE-JUMPS: Carve an ice-cool path using double-jumps
- DYNAMIC MUSIC: Dynamically managed using an ‘intensity’ meter
- IN GAME NARRATOR: Get assistance from an outside hacker
- LEADERBOARDS: Compare your mastery on the global leaderboards
- GAME+ MODE: Random World Seeds, Dash Boost and Free Flight”
For more information on ICEBOX: Speedgunner, visit its official website.