Golf for Workgroups is Available Now on Steam
It was announced by independent game developer Cryptic Sea (Sub Rosa) and the golf cart enthusiasts at Devolver Digital (also Sub Rosa), the release of Golf for Workgroups onto Steam Early Access for $4.99 / €4.99 / £3.99.
Check out the video presentation of Golf for Workgroups, showcasing the games’ features:
“Golf for Workgroups is a competently designed golf course, ball, player and cart simulation with a swing component designed to be satisfying. Includes free roaming golfer and caddy using industry standard WASD and mouse layout. Up to four players each navigate a biped around a height field texture mapped to look like a golf hole.
“While there are several excellent golf games already available on Steam, Golf for Workgroups is the only one that negotiated and signed a publishing deal inside itself during an in-game meeting,” said Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker.
Golf for Workgroups began in 2008 as a free game confusingly called Golf? with developer Cryptic Sea going back to update and tweak the game for a week or two every once in awhile. Over the years the game gained a cult following from gamers and game industry weekend golfers as it improved with each iteration. Earlier this year, Cryptic Sea and Devolver Digital decided that the world was ready for an online multiplayer golf game where business could be conducted in a professional setting and made plans to release the game as Golf for Workgroups.
- Online multiplayer for up to four.
- Nine holes.
- Match, Skins, Speed, Team Skins and Team Speed modes.
- Voice and text chat.
- Carts with rockets.
- Formerly known as Golf?.
- Stroke Play: Classic stroke for stroke golf scoring.
- Skins: Players compete per hole for points for a cumulative total. Ties carry over to the next hole.
- Speed: Individuals compete to put the ball in the hole the fastest.
- Team Speed: Teams compete to put the ball in the hole the fastest.
- Team Skins: Both players on a team take a shot, best ball is the start of next shot.”
For more information, visit its Steam page.