Furi Launched Today for the Nintendo Switch
French indie game studio The Game Bakers announced that their hit action game Furi launched today for the Nintendo Switch console.
Check out the launch trailer of Furi, featuring some gameplay footage:
“Furi’s high-speed, dash-and-slash (and shoot) gameplay is set within a boss-rush structure, pitting the player against a series of intimidating enemies, on a mysterious quest for freedom. The game features character design by Afro Samurai creator Takashi Okazaki, and a highly acclaimed electronic soundtrack from a range of celebrated producers including Carpenter Brut, Danger and The Toxic Avenger.
Furi’s release on the Nintendo Switch console is entirely feature complete. The Nintendo Switch edition includes the boss roster-expanding “One More Fight” DLC, all improvements and updates previously added to the game’s Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4 versions (including alternative controls mapping), and the option to speedrun its ultra-challenging Furier difficulty mode.
A critical hit on its previous platforms, Furi has a Steam rating of 93%, and received impressive reviews from a host of high-profile international publications and websites.
The Nintendo Switch edition of Furi is available digitally via the Nintendo eShop, priced at £17.99 / $19.99 / €19.99.
- A simple set of control that you need to master to perfection: You can slash with your sword, shoot with your gun, dodge and parry. You can also charge the slash attack, the gun shot and the dodge. Once you’ve got that, you can play!
- There’s no limit to how much you can improve, it’s simple and deep. The challenges are based on a simple formula: get warned – react – punish. The depth comes from the differences between the guardians. It’s about how you play a few moves differently to beat a different opponent.
- Furi is a challenging game that requires skills and reflexes. No button mashing or combo learning. You need to wait for your adversary to show an opening to fight back.
- Default difficulty is Furi mode. Beat the game in Furi, and you’ll unlock Furier (hardcore). Beat it in Furier, you’ll unlock a Speedrun mode (compete against time or hits – with leaderboards). There is also a Promenade mode that is easier mode.
- Furi is about you, the hero, regaining your freedom. While you piece the story together it raises questions on what’s worth fighting for.
- Double vinyl and digital OST, tee-shirts, poster available on the Furi Store: furi.hitpoint.tv
About The Game Bakers
The Game Bakers is an independent game studio, based in Montpellier, France, founded by Audrey Leprince and Emeric Thoa. The pair likes to make their games like they cook their food: with a lot of love. The Game Bakers strive to deliver experiences that gamers will remember for a long time. Furi is the studio’s latest game, following the SQUIDS tactical action series for mobile and Nintendo platforms, and the mobile brawler Combo Crew.”