Fabular: Once Upon a Spacetime Coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One
Indie studio Spiritus Games’ debut title, Fabular: Once upon a Spacetime (a 2D Action-RPG in Space with Roguelike influences set in a medieval, folktale-inspired fantasy universe) just received a second trailer with tons of interesting new visuals, and gameplay mechanics to see.
Watch the second trailer of Fabular: Once Upon a Spacetime:
Setting for a release next autumn for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, Fabular: Once upon a Spacetime offers a unique blend of the tactical depth of classic action-RPGs with the procedural generation and text-based events of modern roguelikes, meanwhile immersing players in a never-before-seen universe of surreal retro-futurism.
In this artistic mashup of the Middle Ages, folktales and outer space, you take on a hero’s journey as the King’s youngest child. You explore the furthest corners of the Galaxy in your trusty spacecraft and engage other space-faring knights and creatures in battle using a unique, techno-fantasy themed skillset. As a young medieval knight on a quest in outer space, players explore an abstract, storybook-like universe and engage other space-faring knights and creatures in close and ranged combat using a unique techno-fantasy skillset.
Fabular: Once upon a Spacetime is inspired by traditional folktales and famous fairy tales from such charismatic authors as the Grimm Brothers. The player controls the King’s youngest heir who is on a mission to reclaim the Sun itself, stolen and caged by the dreadful League of Black Knights who terrorize the realm as if they were a Seven-Headed Dragon. The King sent his army, his most loyal men and his two older sons after the Black Knights but all of them failed. It is now down to his youngest to go across seven mythical Realms, defeat each Black Knight and restore equilibrium to the Kingdom.
Being avid gamers themselves, the developers gained inspiration from such fan favourite titles as FTL: Faster Than Light, Star Control and Path of Exile, while creating a brand new and original experience.
The game is also live now on Kickstarter with 20% of its funding goal reached in 3 days.
- Top-down, physics-based action combat with stylish real-time-lit pixel art visuals and smooth animation
- An artistic vision of the Middle Ages infused with futuristic elements, as medieval knights clash in armoured spaceships
- Deep and atmospheric universe with dozens of procedurally generated out-of-this-world environments on an ever-changing starmap
- Hundreds of randomly generated text based events featuring colorful characters, locations and items inspired by classical folktales such as Seven-League Boots, Table-Be-Set or The Puss in Boots
- Multiple playable ship types, upgrades, skills, items, loot and lots of unlockables providing plenty of replayability
Spiritus Games is formed by veteran developers with almost 15 years of experience developing various AAA titles including The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, and the Codename: Panzers series. Fabular: Once upon a Spacetime is the debut title from Spiritus Games. The members of Spiritus Games are based in Littlehampton, United Kingdom and Budapest, Hungary.
For more information visit it’s official website.