Earthlock: Festival of Magic is Coming to Steam September 27th
It was announced by Snowcastle Games, that their four year long passion project is set to release September 27th, 2016 on Steam for PC and Mac. Indie developed, Earthlock: Festival of Magic rejuvenates the early 3D console RPGs by utilizing a unique and charming hand drawn art style and deeply crafted combat systems with some new twists.
Check out the launch trailer of Earthlock: Festival of Magic, featuring some gameplay footage:
“About the game
What starts as a simple quest for desert scavenger Amon soon sprawls into a journey where several unlikely heroes join to save Umbra, a beautiful but harsh world that mysteriously stopped spinning thousands of cycles ago.
Explore the world of Umbra and face myriads of monsters in exhilarating turn-based combat. Kiting lets you strategically take on as many enemies as you like. The more enemies the more experience gained.
Mix up your strategy to beat your enemies using two different stances per character, and build your characters’ battle bond to unleash powerful abilities or unique perks.
Customize each character’s progression with the Talent Table. Find new Talent Tiles in the world or craft your own. Grow plants and gather ingredients to craft ammo and items. All this on your idyllic home island
Features of Earthlock: Festival of Magic
- Explore the magical world of Umbra
- Highly strategic turn‐based battles
- Harvest magical materials and craft items on your home island
- Talent Table: combining a classic ‘skilltree’ and equipment to customise your character’s progression
Earthlock aims to challenge the player’s strategy, paying homage to the challenges of the historic game genre.
About Snowcastle Games
Snowcastle Games is an independent game developing company based out of Oslo, Norway. After being founded in 2009, Snowcastle Games launched their first feature title in 2011, which claimed a spot on the App Store Best of 2011 List. They are now back, bringing their highly anticipated major game title; Earthlock: Festival of Magic, the first of the EarthlockⓇ Trilogy.
- Development of Earthlock: Festival of Magic began in early 2011
- The game was nominated as Selected Game at Game Connection America 2013
- We showcased a working alpha for the first time to the public at PAX PRIME 2013 in Seattle and received a wonderful positive response
- After PAX we breezed through the Steam Greenlight process in 14 days
- We launched a kickstarter for Earthlock: Festival of Magic (known then only as Festival of Magic) in December 2013. Due to unfortunate timing with the launch of new consoles, as well as the Holiday Season the campaign was postponed
- Development continued afterwards and we launched a second Kickstarter campaign where we reached our goal, raising over $150,000.
- We are happy to announce the release of Earthlock on Xbox One, Wii U and PS4 in addition to the PC/MAC!
- We are attending PAX West 2016″
For more information on Earthlock: Festival of Magic, visit its official website.