Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour is Now Available
It was announced by Gearbox Publishing, that Duke Nukem returns to save babes and kick alien ass once again in Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour. Now at the fingertips of gamers on contemporary platforms with new, never-before-seen content from the original development team, this anniversary edition of the landmark first-person shooter is available digitally starting at 5:00 PM PDT today on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC via Steam for an MSRP of $19.99. The game will also be available in disc format at the same MSRP for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles at GameStop stores in North America beginning on October 18, 2016.
Check out the launch trailer of Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour, showcasing the games’ features:
“We feel there isn’t a better way to celebrate 20 years of Duke Nukem 3D than to get the original team back together and provide this love letter to Duke fans,” says Steve Gibson, head of Gearbox Publishing. “With all-new content built on top of what is undeniably one of the most iconic first-person shooters in gaming history, this is the ultimate Duke Nukem experience for both seasoned fans of the title and gamers from a new generation experiencing it for the first time.”
“Duke Nukem’s brazen return to the limelight sees him saving the world again in a brand new and bigger-than-ever fifth episode, Alien World Order. Showcasing his trademark bravado and wielding an arsenal of weapons worthy of The King himself, Nukem travels to eight iconic new locations to gun down alien scum on his World Tour, including Amsterdam, Moscow, Paris, Egypt, San Francisco and more in eight huge new maps from Duke Nukem 3D’s original designers.
In addition to the original game in its full, unabashed glory, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour includes:
- “Hail to the King, Baby!” – Complete, all-new episode containing eight brand new, classically-designed levels created by the original designers of Duke Nukem 3D, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord®” Gray
- Come Get Some!” – All-new original music composed by Lee Jackson, original author of Duke Nukem’s iconic theme “Grabbag” and sound designer for Duke Nukem 3D, along with new one-liners from the voice of Duke himself, Jon St. John
- I’ve Got Balls of Steel!” – All-new behind-the-scenes commentary from the original development team, accessible in-game
- “I’m Lookin’ Good!” – Play the game using the original 1996 graphics engine or toggle in real time to play with the original content rendered at improved fidelity and frame rate using Gearbox’s all-new “True3D Rendering” mode
- “Ooh, That’s Gotta Hurt!” – Duke it out online with up to eight players in Dukematch or team up in eight-player online co-op”
For more information on Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour, visit its official website.