Blizzard has announced that Diablo IV will receive a final “server slam” open beta weekend next month, which will take place from May 12-14 for PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4. The weekend will “give players one final weekend in Hell to experience a fraction of what Diablo IV has to offer, while simultaneously testing the capabilities of [its] servers prior to launch”. Players will be able to play through the Prologue and entirety of Act I, and Players will be able to level up their characters to Level 20. However, any character progress made during the previous Early Access and Open Beta weekends will not carry over to Server Slam, and any character progress made during Server Slam will not carry over to the game’s full launch. Diablo IV recently went gold, and will launch on June 6 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Battle.net.
The full details via Blizzard:
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING SERVER SLAM
Server Slam will give players one final weekend in Hell to experience a fraction of what Diablo IV has to offer, while simultaneously testing the capabilities of our servers prior to launch. The Prologue and entirety of Act I will be your canvas to paint with the remains of slain demons. Fractured Peaks, the first Zone, is yours to navigate as you please. Traverse its rugged landscape as Barbarian, Druid, Necromancer, Rogue, or Sorcerer, unleashing devastating power upon foes, and honing your unique skillset in the process.
For those who played during our Early Access and Open Beta weekends, these details may seem familiar—however, there are a few nuances we’re ushering in with Server Slam.
- Any character progress made during the Early Access and Open Beta weekends will not carry over to Server Slam. Additionally, any character progress made during Server Slam will not carry over to launch.
- Players may level up their characters to Level 20, after which you will cease to gain Ability Points, but can continue to slay demons and earn alluring gear.
- The Legendary Item drop rate has been altered to reflect the drop rate that will be present in the launch version of Diablo IV.
- The version of Diablo IV available during Server Slam will include all the bug fixes and updates detailed in our Open Beta Retrospective blog.
- Fractured Peaks is not only teeming with danger for you to vanquish, but a variety of activities to Level up your character with. Visit Kyovashad to repair and purchase new gear, upgrade your healing potion, access the Stash, and much more. There’s also both Main and Side Quests to experience Sanctuary’s rich story, World and Legion Events to exercise your martial prowess, and Dungeons to amass gear from.
Overcome Server Slam’s Biggest Challenge: Ashava
Steel yourself before one of the Burning Hells’ most fowl machinations, Ashava. She’s a lumbering behemoth with two razor-sharp arm blades, scales stronger than plate mail, and hell-bent on ripping through all who interrupt her quest to bathe Sanctuary in poisonous bile.
Because your characters can’t surpass Level 20 during Server Slam, felling her will be quite the monumental task.
Here’s when you’ll have an opportunity to combat Ashava during Server Slam:
May 13 starting at 9 a.m. PDT and every 3 hours thereafter until the final spawn on May 14 at 9 a.m. PDT.
EARN SERVER SLAM REWARDS AS YOU PLAY
Felling the pestilence spewing Ashava comes with a new earnable reward, the Cry of Ashava Mount Trophy.
Cry of Ashava Mount Trophy: earned by defeating Ashava with one Level 20 character.
We’ve also reanimated rewards from our Early Access and Open Beta weekends, giving players another chance at earning these tokens of valor by spilling demon blood. Players who unlock these rewards will receive them once Diablo IV launches. If you previously earned these rewards from the Early Access and Open Beta weekends, you WILL NOT need to earn them again.
Initial Casualty Title: earned by reaching Kyovashad with one character.
Early Voyager Title: earned by reaching Level 20 on one character.
Beta Wolf Pack Cosmetic Item: earned by reaching Level 20 on one character.