Deck13 E3 Line-up Reveal
Frankfurt-based publisher/developer Deck13, known for their successful publishing projects with indie developers, is bringing a host of new titles to this year’s Deck13 E3 like:
- The Other 99 (Survival Horror; Windows PC, PS4, Xbox One):The Other 99 isn’t yet another first person survival game but actually an evolution of the proven concept. With its focus on the story, its dramatic and brutal combat system and creatives puzzles it is an unique approach on the popular genre.Explore the island, solve it’s mystery and try to escape from its dangers. For that you need to take care of the other 99 inhabitants. But how you do that is up to you. Will you be their nightmare or will you find another way? The choice is yours. It’s all up to your moral.
- Obliteracers (Party Racing; Windows PC (launched in early 2016), PS4, Xbox One):Remember the good ‘ol days when Micro Machines, Mashed and Crash Team Racing were in charge of the party racing genre? Well, it’s time to bring back these days and Obliteracers is an award-winning racer which is exactly aiming for this, combining the well known formula with elements from Smash Brothers and friends!It’s time for a racing league containing various unique and exotic alien planets where the different species are trying to fool each others on the tracks. It’s about time to use incredible weapons, powerups and insane maneuver at a breakneck pace.Explore the planets on your own and race against the AI or team up with up to 16 players over the internet or even, if you want to party hard, in one room. Strugglers will be eliminated, only one alien shall prevail.
- Bertram Fiddle Episode 2 (Jump & Run; Windows PC, iOS):There is only one true detective from England. The most famous detective ever created in history. Oh. Wait. You‘re thinking of Sherlock right now, eh? That‘s not quite the one we‘re talking about. It‘s time for Betram Fiddle to stand up and take the crown back from the Baker Street.A Bleaker Predicklement continues the story of the first Episode, A Dreadly Business. Or, well, let‘s say it offers a continuing yet new story. And Betram will get into some serious pointing & clicking trouble.This time Betram Fiddle offers more puzzles, more victorian style, more lovecraftian humor, more Gavin, more love for terrible jokes and even more noses.
- Shift Happens (Jump & Run; Windows PC, PS4, Xbox One):Can you feel the mass? Bounce, bounce, shift, shift. Meet Bismo and Plom who are trapped in each other due to an unforeseeable accident. Although they haven’t been bitten by a spider, they’re connected and can switch their masses and abilities – wouldn’t that be an interesting concept for Weight Watchers?Play it together with your best friend and experience a co-optimal campaign where you solve mind-twisting puzzles and collect dozens of coins. Or play it on your own in separate created levels for the lonely wolf players.It‘s so cute and so cruel at once. And it gives the genre of the Jump & Runs a totally new twist you‘ve never seen before. Cause shift just got real.
- Hover Cubes: Arena (First Person Runner; Windows PC, PS4, Xbox One):Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away, psycho runner! And now welcome to a game where even Usain Bolt wouldn’t be fast enough. Experience a platformer from the first person perspective and with more than just two dimensions. Experience Hover Cubes: Arena.Hover Cubes: Arena is a wild mixture out of games such as Mirrors Edge and Trials Fusion. Take part in races where you have to run and jump to win. And use the power of various cubes – otherwise you won‘t reach the finish line within time.Built with the Unreal Engine 4 Hover Cubes: Arena offers an eye-catcher experience with easy to use and super hard to master gameplay and can hardly be compared to any other game out there.
- CrossCode (Retro ARPG; Windows PC, PS4, Xbox One):Remember, remember, the… damn. It is quite hard Remember when the main character has lost her memory. But this is exactly what happened to Lea, the protagonist of CrossCode which is a homage to the 16-bit SNES-Era. A throwback to the old days with a modern twists on the physics.CrossCode has been in Early Access and used the players feedback to make it even better. With its smooth and action oriented combat system the game which is build around an extremely polished RPG system CrossCode delivers pure fun for lovers of SNES classics.Experience a gripping sci-fi story, explore a complex world, join Lea in her journey to find out what happened and solve puzzles which could easily be part of the Zelda series.
- Super Sky Arena (Aerial Multiplayer Combat; Windows PC, PS4, Xbox One):It‘s time for a psychedelic multiplayer fragfest, it‘s time for Super Sky Arena. Face your enemies in adrenaline pushing dogfights in this deathmatch-homage to the incredible Star Fox series.In Super Sky Arena up to four players are thrown into mind-twisting deathmatch arenas where they have to try to survive while fragging each other. Only those who time their actions perfectly will win. Only those who use the powerups wisely will lead the scoreboards.With its extraordinary Artstyle Super Sky Arena is a real eyecatcher. That combined with a fast and action-oriented gameplay makes this game the perfect break killer.
Deck13 Interactive is one of Germany’s leading NextGen developers with studios based in Frankfurt and Hamburg. Deck13’s award winning portfolio contains top titles like NextGen multiplatform hit ‘Lords of the Fallen’, which sold more than 1 million units. The team consisting of 50 people is currently developing the AAA multi-platform title ‘The Surge’ which utilizes their home made FLEDGE Engine. The studio’s newly founded unit „Deck13 Games“ publishes selected games from independent developers and supports their marketing efforts.
For more information on Deck13, visit the official website.