Developer Red Hook Studios announced that the turn-based roguelike RPG Darkest Dungeon II will leave Early Access on May 8 for PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. Darkest Dungeon II first launched on October 26, 2021 in Early Access. A demo for the game is available now on Steam.
The game’s details via the developer can be seen below:
Darkest Dungeon II is a roguelike road trip of the damned. Form a party, equip your stagecoach, and set off across the decaying landscape on a last gasp quest to avert the apocalypse. The greatest dangers you face, however, may come from within…
Gather your courage and ride out into the chaos of a world undone. Four heroes and a stagecoach are all that stand between darkness and salvation.
Roguelike Runs; Even Failure Moves You Forward – Each expedition is less than 5 hours, and progress you make opens up new hero abilities, items, and stagecoach upgrades that can be used on your next journey.
The Affinity System – As travels progress, heroes bond with each other or grate on each others’ nerves, leading to desperately needed combat synergies or journey-ending dysfunction. Manage their stress and interaction to keep the team together until the bitter end.
Face Your Failures – Uncover and experience the tragic origin stories of each hero and unlock their full potential.
Nightmarish Environs – From the burning Sprawl to the diseased Foetor, the road will challenge your strategies and your endurance.
- Rest your weary, shell-shocked heroes at the Inn, where you can manage their stress and relationships with a variety of diversions and delights.
- Uncover and experience the tragic origin stories of the heroes.
- A stylish and dynamic evolution of Darkest Dungeon‘s signature art style.
- A return of the narration system and voice actor Wayne June!
- Exciting improvements to the turn-based combat from Darkest Dungeon.
Stay tuned at Gaming Instincts via Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook for more gaming news.