In a surprising reveal, Brace Yourself Games will allow Zelda fans to return to the world of Hyrule with gameplay from their acclaimed series, Crypt of the NecroDancer. Officially titled, Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda, the new crossover title will become available to Switch owners this spring.
In the latest release from the NecroDancer series, the Zelda addition will have players rhythmically adventuring to the sweet nostalgic tunes from the coveted Legend of Zelda franchise. Along with the various gameplay elements you’d expect to find in a NecroDancer/Zelda mash-up, here are a few more details via Nintendo about the upcoming game:
- A rhythmic action-adventure game in the world of The Legend of Zelda series
- Explore the randomly generated overworld and dungeons to save Hyrule as Link or Princess Zelda
- Use items from The Legend of Zelda series, plus spells and weapons from Crypt of the NecroDancer
- Outstep legendary enemies and bosses in rhythmic combat
- Keep the beat with 25 remixed classic The Legend of Zelda tunes
Check out the reveal trailer for Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda below:
Nintendo seems to just keep adding to their already massive line up of both AAA and indie titles. And after recent announcements of critical successes like Castle Crashers and Cuphead heading over to the Switch, Nintendo is making a strong case as to why their hybrid console is becoming a must-have for gamers everywhere.
Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the Necrodancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda is set to arrive on the Switch this spring.