Cosmic Trip Coming to Steam Early Access
The funky friends at Funktronic Labs are excited to announce their VR-native first-person real-time strategy game, Cosmic Trip will be available on Steam Early Access later today!
In Cosmic Trip, you are placed on an alien planet, where you build structures, harvest resources and build your army of cosmobots to defend your base and launch assaults on the enemy. Ancient alien pylons on the planet form a network of base nodes for you to capture and push back the alien enemy forces in this intergalactic tug-of-war.
Check out the Early Access trailer of Cosmic Trip, featuring some of the gameplay mechanics from the game:
“Our goal is to bring a new and exciting experience to the RTS genre. This kind of experience has only recently become possible with the evolution of VR technology and hardware like the HTC Vive.” Said, Eddie Lee, Co-Founder and Programmer at Funktronic Labs. “Playing games in VR is a hugely unique and personal experience, so having everyone share us their thoughts and feedback will help guide our development during our time in Early Access.”
- Native VR room-scale RTS gameplay. Motion-controlled with HTC Vive controllers.
- Strategically deploy your cosmobot forces to combat and to capture territories
- Equip futuristic VR weapons
- Manage and optimize your resource supply-line with harvesting cosmobots
- Build defensive structures and turrets to fortify your bases
- Gnarly tunes and groovy vibes
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“Currently, we do not have an expected full release date, hoping to enlist the community to help guide our development. Currently estimated to be about a half year of EA development until the full release.”
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The development will be guided by the community, but the general list of features will be:
- More biomes and areas
- More enemies types to battle against
- More cosmobot types to build
- More tools and weapons to use
- More buildings, structures, turrets
- Metagame progression (upgrades, etc)
- Perhaps even a groovy intergalatic spaceship as home-base?
These priorities and features are all likely to change as we bring in feedback from the community!”
Funktronic Labs is an award winning funky-fresh independent game development studio that focuses on bringing creative experiences through games and other interactive media. Previous titles include Nova-111, Kyoto, Lotus and Collider.
For more information on Cosmic Trip, visit it’s Steam page.